• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Live2D Integration?

P

Paolo

Will GMS2 be able to integrate with Live2D?

I'm seeing that there will be better integration with Spine (which has me very excited), but I'm also wondering if Live2D will also be a possibility?

P

Paolo

Aw. Ok. I think it would be great to have it one day. But it was something I was looking forward to down the line.

Spine it is then!

P

Paolo

I would love to one day. I need a lot of documentation on how to accomplish this. I've seen a few videos on how to compile simple extensions in C++ for GameMaker, but is there anything more comprehensive I could look at, especially considering that Live2D would be far more complicated than returning a double or string. It would be an entire mesh and animation calls.

I'm an experienced C# programmer, but I'm still a novice at what GameMaker can do and would love to extend it or more complicated things.

J

jilcky

[QUOTE =“Mike,post:85781,member:3”]写一个扩展名?[/ QUOTE]
yes

M

mazimadu

What are the advantages of using Live2D over spine? As someone who does my own animations and use a myriad of different tools, I can't see any immediate advantages. It seems to make rather large files and it I can't imaging the control advantages working well with GMS given the way it is structured.

If you really want to use GMS I recommend just learning Spine. Or making an extension if you really want to use Live2D.