Little Witch Adventures

pixeltroid

Cool. I beat the boss.

Some feedback:

- I like the player character.
- Controls are way too floaty for my tastes. Maybe some more gravity would help?
- Also would be good if it had WASD keys for movements and maybe O and P for attacks and jumps. (Basically movement on the left side of the keyboard and actions on the right side, like in a controller).
- More enemy types might help.
- Graphics need polishing.
- Music is nice. But the boss level music is way too loud.

Good luck with development.

Cool. I beat the boss.

Some feedback:
I like the player character.
Thanks, I wanted to give her a bit of the feel of a 90s mascot platformer character and I'm actually really proud of how well her sprites turned out for being a first attempt at animation

- Controls are way too floaty for my tastes. Maybe some more gravity would help?
Could be an issue with the physics, I used a lot of deceleration and acceleration code I instead of dead stops and starts so I may have to tweak it to make the movement a little more precise and little less weighted into momentum

- Also would be good if it had WASD keys for movements and maybe O and P for attacks and jumps. (Basically movement on the left side of the keyboard and actions on the right side, like in a controller).
I used old school keyboard controls as a default to mimic old 90s PC platformers, but I might be able to add a selection to choose between retro and modern controls when I got back into the movement scripts to add controller support

- More enemy types might help.
Definitely on the road map, I just kept it basic for the demo levels since it's the start of the game.

- Graphics need polishing.
There's definitely some things I want to clean up like adding more frames of animation to the skeletons and working more on the look of the health power-ups but i'm trying to keep it simple and a little clunky overall to mimic cheap 90s shareware games

- Music is nice. But the boss level music is way too loud.
Figured it might be. I'll have to go back in and lower the master volume of the asset before the next build. The music is mostly from Incompetech and that one was mixed a lot louder than Kevin Macleod's stock music usually is

I've uploaded a 1.1 update with a lot of tweaks to the movement physics as well as a proper game over screen that lets you reset to the start of the room.

philis401

don't use alt for actions like shooting/attacking, especially if space is also used, coz someone could accidentally press alt+space which may lose focus from the game and open a pop up menu in middle of a battle.