• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

List of incompatable android devices

Greetings all,

I was wondering if a list currently exists of android devices which are currently incompatable with GMS.

If not, how would we go about creating such a list because i remember one existing in the past but their are a great deal of changes since then both in terms of hardware advancement and new devices.

personally i have gotten two reports of two different recently released htc devices having problems but i dont know if this is because of the device itself or just the indavidual and thats why i think the whole community would benefit from a masters list.

thank you.

M

Meowmere

If I remember it was android devices that cant support a specific version of Android OS and up. I cant remember but I wanna say 3.1.1 or somewhere over there.

J

jackhigh24

@JML do you have a apk uploaded to google play store, if you do just go click on APK and you will see PRODUCTION tab, on that tab you will see

Supported devices

See list

something like that, number might be different depending on what yours is built with, click that bit that says see list, it will open a pop out window called DEVICE COMPATIBILITY, you will see it says supported devices click that and you can choose unsupported and you will get a list expand them to see all.

seperate from the list of exclusion google play already puts forward their are specific devices which are incompatblae with GMS for one reason or another, i suspect becaue they dont use the say hotkeys but their could also be other reasons.

for instance i know of one device which was just released last year and the person who was kind enough to tell me warned that pressing the home button on his device simply would not let my work exit.

i dont know of any way to make use of the home button, pretty sure by default its off limits (unlike the uturn or tabs buttons)

thats why i think such a list owuld be needed, i remember at one point such a list existing but want to believe in is in a tutorial, not the old forum, but havnt had luck looking in either and thats why i wanted to ask.

thank you to both of you for your responces :)

J

jackhigh24

ye a lot of them on that google list are new, but wont work as they have custom android systems, but ye there might be others as well, what was that phone your mate said about, i will check if its on the google list.

but ye if yoyo can give info on any others that are not on that list then that would be good to.