1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Article List of FREE tools and websites for game creation

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by David Richard, Mar 14, 2017.

1. David Richard

David Richard Member

Thank you for your contribution. I have added it to the list as it's one of the rare font softwares in the list. It took me a bit of time to understand but that's just because I don't deal much with fonts the bitmap way but I figured it out. The interface is a bit too small and could be optimized for higher resolutions but that's just a detail.

Thank you!

2. RichHopelessComposer

RichHopelessComposer Member

Yes, a lot of these will be useful for game development. That's what this thread is for! =)

David Richard likes this.
  3. ethian

ethian Member

What about free tools for making games? Frameworks or...?

4. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

Cat likes this.
  5. Rayek

Rayek Member

Materialize is now free! Create PBR texture maps with ease.

http://www.boundingboxsoftware.com/materialize/index.php

6. David Richard

David Richard Member

You are on the GameMaker Studio forums asking for an alternative to GameMaker Studio for free. Your answer is: Search on Google, we use GameMaker Studio here and some of us use GameMaker since it's birth with Mark Overmars.

I will definately add this tool. I'm not a 3D person but after playing arround with this gem, I'm pretty surprised by it's simplicity and overall, fast interface. Thank you!

7. HeWhoShallNotBeNamed

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed Member

I'm shocked no one's mentioned Bosca Ceoil yet. I've made a lot of fairly decent music with it, and it didn't take much time to learn.