• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Linux (Ubuntu) YYC + Steam not working

D

Dani

Hello!

I'm using the latest GMS 2 version.

It seems that exporting for Linux (YYC) + Steam is not working. One of our players told us that achievements were not working and, after making some tests, nothing related to communication with Steam is working (achievements, Steam cloud, etc...).

Is this a known issue? If I remember correctly, this worked perfectly time ago. I recently updated the game and now this problem appeared. Has anything changed lately?

Thanks in advance.

Bruchpilot

I would absolutely recommend filing a bug for this. The community dealing with linux and steam at the same time is probably very small, so answers will be scarce.

D

Dani

As reported by some Linux users on Steam:

Code:
Error: Failed to load libsteam_api.so: libsteam_api.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
It seems the issue may be that libsteam_api.so is 32-bit, while the game build is 64-bit.

@Mike, any thoughts on this would be really appreciated, though I've already contacted for help.

Thanks.

D

Dani

After getting help from YoYo Games support, you can fix this issue replacing the file "libsteam_api.so" file that comes with the game, with the one that you can find in Steam SDK folder, here:

<steamworks sdk>/redistributable_bin/linux64/libsteam_api.so

And they told me that the issue will be fixed in the next GMS2 update.