• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Linux issues, sprite_add not working

Shut

I just released Riskers on Steam and the Linux version appears to have some major issues.

sprite_add isn't loading images for some reason and because of that all the game cut scenes are missing and they just getting black screens.

Also, no sound effects.. I guess this is because of audio groups not being loaded properly, because the default audio group seems to be working fine.

I would really appreciate a quick fix for these 2 problems.

Shut

It looks like sprite_get_number is broken on Linux or at least returns a different value than the Windows version.

I found a workaround, but sprite_add still has issues. The sprite I'm trying to load is 1920x1080 and the bottom half gets cut off.

Bingdom

Googledom
Are the texture pages on Linux the same size as Windows?

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Last edited: