Like any of these logos?

Rayek

Not really. The first one reminds me of an amateur soccer club or sports logo, the second one looks like a in-game character sprite (not a logo), and the third one... well, let's not mention the third one.

The second and third one don't look like logos.

You are being too literal. None of the three are linked to the concept of "game dev" - not necessarily required, of course.

All three are too complex, too much detail, fuzzy intent and meaning. Clarify your intent. Ideally a logo ought to work in B&W and colour.

J

Jafman

Depends on your audience? #1 for pop, #2 for retro hipsters(?) like mwa.

Toque

Thanks for replys. I’m not in love with any of them. Pixel logo was just something different. It’s fine for now. It doesn’t make sense to pay hundreds for a logo. I might keep trying.

G

Guest User

in addition to what Rayek said, maybe try going for an intermediate between the 1st and the 2nd to see if that helps get something a little more suitable for now?

the first one looks like a bunch of random clip art smashed together and the colors don't go together but has a layout in the general ballpark of what you'd expect from a logo, whilst the second one does indeed look like a sprite rather than a logo but it does have a sensible clarity of design, unity, and complementing colors.

Toque

Yes I like #2 the best but its not really a logo. But I like it as a image.
This is more of a logo but I wanted a beaver over rabbit. Beavers are odd shaped creatures. Not as odd as a platypus! Here is a prototype......

T

Timze

3rd silhouette looks really good but text looks out of place and the contrast takes away from the silhouette. Otherwise very memorable.
2nd, i like the sign but as you said 2 is not quite a logo
1st, circles are always a good fit for logos. but there is "too much going on" for the logo to be memorable or easily identified with your brand.

Why not combine all?

Last edited by a moderator:

Micah_DS

Yes I like #2 the best but its not really a logo. But I like it as a image.
This is more of a logo but I wanted a beaver over rabbit. Beavers are odd shaped creatures. Not as odd as a platypus! Here is a prototype......

I like that design more than the other three. It's simple and clean, so it's easily readable / recognizable, yet it's also interesting and unique enough to be a good logo.
I might not like it as much if it's a beaver though, since the ears in the design are a nice touch, imo.

Micah_DS

Got a bit of inspiration when I saw this thread. Here's something I threw together very quickly... feel free to use the idea if you like it.
Oh oh oh! That but with the top half of the beaver head drawn above the text, connecting to the teeth, of course. If that makes sense. Then I feel like that'd be a really solid logo.

Toque

Got a bit of inspiration when I saw this thread. Here's something I threw together very quickly... feel free to use the idea if you like it.
Cool. I have a prototype like that. Taking a bite out of the word games underneath.

Thanks!

Toque

I like that design more than the other three. It's simple and clean, so it's easily readable / recognizable, yet it's also interesting and unique enough to be a good logo.
I might not like it as much if it's a beaver though, since the ears in the design are a nice touch, imo.

Beavers are just not cute like bunnies as I have found.

pixeltroid

Some things to keep in mind while creating a logo:

Make sure it is readable when its shrunk to a small size, like say half an inch

Make sure it is legible in a single color

Make sure the logo works well against both a black and white background.

Make sure your logo isn't too crowded with too many elements.

The one posted by @NeoShade has all of the above.