• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Light Skin

J

JimmyBG

Noticed there was a light skin in the files, got GMS2 to load it (there didn't seem to be an option in the IDE?). This is what it looks like.

I think the colours need some adjustment, but thats just my opinion.

J

Jaqueta

Pro tip: Use the Dark Skin to prevent eye strain.

f.lux also does help a lot. At least for me it did. :v

M

Majatek

Pro tip: Use the Dark Skin to prevent eye strain.
There have been peer-reviewed studies about how light-coloured text on dark background actually causes eye-strain - so it's a good thing to see brighter UI's as a built-in option from the get-go imo. This also goes hand-in-hand with programming in a well-lit environment if you decide to work late into the wee hours of the morning, so as far as this claim goes, it's rather contradictory - or rather, there's a lot of contradictory claims being made everywhere.

Regardless, I'm hoping this (most likely WIP) user interface can support better complimentary, contrasting colours than what the OP's pic currently shows. :p

J

Jaqueta

Actually, the ideal (for me) is to have light gray backgrounds with dark grey texts, or vice versa (Like this forum does), as long as it's not Black and White...
Yellowish colours are welcome too :3

Last edited by a moderator: