Steam Light of the Locked World - 0.6.0 - RPG - Play demo!

Had fun playing this game! Really cool world - the combat is quite tricky early on.

I did find a bug in version 0.4.5: if you get hit when looking at your inventory, it hides the inventory and then you can not open any menus (including the Escape menu). meant I had to force close the game.

On that note I'd also add a way to quickly use health potions.

Other than that it was a really good experience, keep it up!

mar_cuz

View attachment 34320

Mess hall and training hall in an abandoned fortification.
I really like your art style and I understand the game isn't finished though I think your game would benefit greatly from adding shadows to objects and buildings. It would help to add contrast which I think is missing from what I've seen so far. Keep up the awesome work.

EDIT: I noticed you do have some shadows in place so perhaps they could be darker?

Phoebe Klim

I really like your art style and I understand the game isn't finished though I think your game would benefit greatly from adding shadows to objects and buildings. It would help to add contrast which I think is missing from what I've seen so far. Keep up the awesome work.

EDIT: I noticed you do have some shadows in place so perhaps they could be darker?
Well, there are no shadows inside the buildings - that kind of makes sense because the buildings have roofs so the everything inside the building is in shadow?
And if everything is in shadow, there are no visible shadows, so I just happily just didn't draw them in buildings. Makes things simpler.

mar_cuz

Well, there are no shadows inside the buildings - that kind of makes sense because the buildings have roofs so the everything inside the building is in shadow?
And if everything is in shadow, there are no visible shadows, so I just happily just didn't draw them in buildings. Makes things simpler.
There would still be shadows in buildings with light coming in through doors and windows. I think it would add depth to the scene as well. Just some feedback mate awesome work so far

Phoebe Klim

GDWC - Vote for Light of the Locked World!

Hey all,

Light of the Locked World is participating in Game Development World Championship: It would be really awesome if we could make the game win this round.

To vote for the game, simply go to the GDWC website and click the "Vote" button under the game logo.

Link: https://thegdwc.com/

Thank you in advance ❤

GDWC.png

Jman

I think it is really cool that your competitive multiplayer is split screen. I feel like split screen is something that doesn't happen as much anymore in games, but it is something that
could really benefit a lot of games out there.

Phoebe Klim

I think it is really cool that your competitive multiplayer is split screen. I feel like split screen is something that doesn't happen as much anymore in games, but it is something that
could really benefit a lot of games out there.
I'm glad you appreciate the effort =]
Splitscreen multiplayer just made sense to me, as I could do it without having to learn online multiplayer - while it probably won't affect sales much (could be very wrong on this, who knows) I thought that it would be really fun to play a full-scale RPG with friends.

Now there are ways to turn local multiplayer into an online multiplayer, so it's an even better idea.

Last edited:

Phoebe Klim

Demo update! Version 0.5.0: Eastern Trilith

This demo update adds a whole new area - Eastern Trilith, tier 2 equipment for all classes, combat visual improvements, dozens of small additions, and bug fixes. I've done a lot in these four months!

Download demo from:

Steam >>
GameJolt >>
Itch.io >>

Watch the trailer:

If you do end up playing the demo, please share your thoughts about the direction the game is going, report bugs, etc.

The feedback is - as always - very important.

The information about what's in the next update is coming with LOTLW Devblog #24.

Have fun =]

Phoebe Klim

Demo update! Version 0.5.3: Improved quests and introduction

Download demo from:

Steam >>
GameJolt >>
Itch.io >>

This update adds an introduction cutscene and improves the available story quests.

Other changes:

- Improved Arrow Wall ability.
- Added the overworld system.
- Added Deserter Flat: An overworld area between Eastern Trilith and Moonrise Desert.
- Improved the start of the game: Fixed bugs, improved graphics.
- Gave interactive characters overhead icons.
- Archer's equipment crate now contains an arc instead of a bow.
- Ria now moves to a more correct position when speaking with the player.
- Made minor improvements to quest's dialogues.
- Replaced quest events with the new moment and encounter systems.
- The second rogue player meets is no longer aggressive.
- It will become aggressive if the player steals from the nearby crates. Stealing tutorial, kind of.
- Colored important parts of the quest log text.
- Fixed missing shadows and missing building tile inside 2nd Strategic Fortification.
- Reduced bow damage.
- Renamed "Gold" to "Guldens". To not be confused with "Gold" as a material. Plus, more unique.
- Rogues now have 100 less health. To make it easier for the new players.
- Fixed bug: Having a full inventory will no longer destroy items inside loot containers.
- Reduced the amount of loot - the inventory won't fill up as fast now. It really was a problem.

In the next update: Third story quest!

Have fun!

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
why dont you stream this game development on twitch, I want to see the pixel art work and the coding and thought process and if you have a big mustache and that sort of stuff.

Repix

Alright, I'm sold.. Time to add this to my wishlist..
The OSRS feels are hitting hard now. Don't make me reach 99 crafting on my ironman before this game is released! 😂 🤟

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
I like how the trailer music starts of chilled.. and becomes upbeat and kick ass over time.

Feedback regarding the first few seconds in the trailer, the bushes all animate the same, wondering if it'll look better by starting them at a different image_index. So they don't all blow together.

Phoebe Klim

I like how the trailer music starts of chilled.. and becomes upbeat and kick ass over time.
That's how music works in the game as well - there are combat layers =]

Feedback regarding the first few seconds in the trailer, the bushes all animate the same, wondering if it'll look better by starting them at a different image_index. So they don't all blow together.
They don't actually, but it's pretty subtle. I think it works.

G

GhostLack

Tried it for you to see.

You can treat this video as data to help you on your journey. I had no idea what the game was about. I just looked for demos on the WIP section of the forum and recorded my playthroughs for the benefit of the developers. Hope it helps! Once you've watched the video, if you want it deleted from YouTube, just let me know!

Phoebe Klim

Tried it for you to see.

You can treat this video as data to help you on your journey. I had no idea what the game was about. I just looked for demos on the WIP section of the forum and recorded my playthroughs for the benefit of the developers. Hope it helps! Once you've watched the video, if you want it deleted from YouTube, just let me know!
Thanks for playing!

The bow is in a crate, you need to open it from your inventory. Maybe that's not the most obvious way to give players starter weapons... I'll think about it.
And yeah, it's quite complicated, but that's what kind of game I want to make ^_^