Light of the Locked World - 0.4.5 - Persistent open world RPG

Had fun playing this game! Really cool world - the combat is quite tricky early on.

I did find a bug in version 0.4.5: if you get hit when looking at your inventory, it hides the inventory and then you can not open any menus (including the Escape menu). meant I had to force close the game.

On that note I'd also add a way to quickly use health potions.

Other than that it was a really good experience, keep it up!

mar_cuz

View attachment 34320

Mess hall and training hall in an abandoned fortification.
I really like your art style and I understand the game isn't finished though I think your game would benefit greatly from adding shadows to objects and buildings. It would help to add contrast which I think is missing from what I've seen so far. Keep up the awesome work.

EDIT: I noticed you do have some shadows in place so perhaps they could be darker?

Zuurix

I really like your art style and I understand the game isn't finished though I think your game would benefit greatly from adding shadows to objects and buildings. It would help to add contrast which I think is missing from what I've seen so far. Keep up the awesome work.

EDIT: I noticed you do have some shadows in place so perhaps they could be darker?
Well, there are no shadows inside the buildings - that kind of makes sense because the buildings have roofs so the everything inside the building is in shadow?
And if everything is in shadow, there are no visible shadows, so I just happily just didn't draw them in buildings. Makes things simpler.

mar_cuz

Well, there are no shadows inside the buildings - that kind of makes sense because the buildings have roofs so the everything inside the building is in shadow?
And if everything is in shadow, there are no visible shadows, so I just happily just didn't draw them in buildings. Makes things simpler.
There would still be shadows in buildings with light coming in through doors and windows. I think it would add depth to the scene as well. Just some feedback mate awesome work so far

Zuurix

GDWC - Vote for Light of the Locked World!

Hey all,

Light of the Locked World is participating in Game Development World Championship: It would be really awesome if we could make the game win this round.

To vote for the game, simply go to the GDWC website and click the "Vote" button under the game logo.

Link: https://thegdwc.com/

Thank you in advance ❤

GDWC.png

Jman

I think it is really cool that your competitive multiplayer is split screen. I feel like split screen is something that doesn't happen as much anymore in games, but it is something that
could really benefit a lot of games out there.

Zuurix

I think it is really cool that your competitive multiplayer is split screen. I feel like split screen is something that doesn't happen as much anymore in games, but it is something that
could really benefit a lot of games out there.
I'm glad you appreciate the effort =]
Splitscreen multiplayer just made sense to me, as I could do it without having to learn online multiplayer - while it probably won't affect sales much (could be very wrong on this, who knows) I thought that it would be really fun to play a full-scale RPG with friends.

Now there are ways to turn local multiplayer into an online multiplayer, so it's an even better idea.

Last edited: