• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Light IDE Skin

J

jcop

I prefer dark text on a light background. I have gone into Preferences / General Settings / Workspace and selected "Light" for the IDE skin.

I noticed the various output windows at the bottom of the IDE (Output, Search Results, Compile Errors, etc) use white text on a light gray background. That makes them really hard to read.

Can we get these output windows to have black text in the Light IDE skin?

csanyk

The "light" skin definitely needs work, and it doesn't seem to be a high priority at the moment.

I've seen in another thread that someone had been playing around with creating their own skins. YYG seem to be open to people creating them, which is great, but I don't really want to have to spend dev time maintaining skisn for the IDE when I could be using that time to make games. At the moment updates to GMS2 will blow out what's in the skins directory, anyway.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I prefer dark text on a light background. I have gone into Preferences / General Settings / Workspace and selected "Light" for the IDE skin.

I noticed the various output windows at the bottom of the IDE (Output, Search Results, Compile Errors, etc) use white text on a light gray background. That makes them really hard to read.

Can we get these output windows to have black text in the Light IDE skin?
You can change this text color to black in "Preferences / General Settings / Output Windows". Unfortunately, this change isn't saved when GM 2 is closed. So you have to reset it every time you re-start Studio.

I've reported this bug on the Mantis Bug Tracker. Might be a good idea to re-report it through the IDE, as @Claire suggested.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
There is no GMS2 category on Mantis from what I know...
I used the Studio category, and specified GM version number 2.0.2.44. Oops...

No one should be filing GMS2 bugs on Mantis, they should all go via the helpdesk bugs page.
Got it. Guess I was confused because some of the bug ID codes on the YY Helpdesk page link to the Mantis page where the bug was filed.

I'll file bugs on the Helpdesk page (http://www.yoyogames.com/bug2) from now on.

gnysek

Got it. Guess I was confused because some of the bug ID codes on the YY Helpdesk page link to the Mantis page where the bug was filed.
It's because YYG keeps some bugs in "hidden" category on mantis, and some bugs are in both runners, then they are visible under GM 1.4.x if first reported for them.