• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Distribution Licensing Question

hippyman

So I have a small collection of useful scripts and decided to write up a document with the scripts and examples on how to use them. I would like to allow anybody to use these scripts without any restrictions with the exception that they don't sell them as another package.

So they can use them in their projects. Sell those projects as whatever.
I'd even allow using the scripts as a dependency in another package that the user would like to sell.
But I don't want somebody to just blatantly take a certain set of scripts, package it with another name and sell that.

I usually just use the MIT license but I was just curious if there is a more specific license for this.

Genetix

That's it - couldn't think of it off the top of my head earlier. Specifically CCL3 as far as I know - worth a bit more research but that may be the way to go.

A

Alan Chan

You will know if you want to buy any of the Game Maker licenses products. Like purchasing your Web and your Desktop and your Mobile Game Maker product inside your own Developer upgrade.