• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Licensed copy of GM8.1 reverted back to Lite!

F

FB-Productions

Hi,

So I have had my license for GM8.1 bought since it came out.
To be more exact, I bought 7.0, then went from it to 8.0 and then 8.1.
And now, after almost 8 years (was it?) of me owning the full legal license and having it installed on the same computer AND operating system (also my laptop later), it started to show me this:
gm81 asks for license.jpg (enlarge it and read it)
For no reason at all, I cannot access my full version Game Maker 8.1 anymore.
I have to use Lite. This is the 2nd time this has happened in the past month.
The first time it fixed itself and I have no idea why, but this time it is not going away.
Apparently this is not happening to anyone else, but me, because I see posts around the GMC about GM8.1 projects.
I have paid fairly for my product and I intend to use it forever if I so wish it, so this should not happen.

On the YoyoGames helpdesk there is no category to search for help, so I ask that you forward this to them somehow.

And I have a license that I have tried entering in the field to register my product AGAIN for no reason.
But, for my legal full license key that I enter, it gives an error!

Also, about what the dialog box says: I have a constant internet connection and have restarted my PC multiple times.

That would be all.