License of game maker free?

G

gabriel33250283

Hi im using the game maker studio standard i can publish my game free or sell the game in steam,google play? or to sell a game you need a version of game maker, explain this.

jo-thijs

Hi and welcome to the GMC!

You should be fie to publish your game for free or paid, whatever you want to do.

To make sure of this, you can open GameMaker, click on the "License" tab and you should read something like this pretty quickly:
1.1. Subject to these terms you may install and use:
the versions of the Software described as "GameMaker" for personal, non-commercial and commercial use; provided you have paid the applicable licence fee.
In each case "use" of this Software shall be to create computer programs ("Stand-alone Applications").
The Stand-alone Applications you create with the Software may be used by you as you wish without payment of any licence fee or royalty PROVIDED THAT such Stand-alone Applications comply with these Terms including without limitation as set out in clause 3 below.
The licence fee is nothing in your case, so that should be fine.

G

gabriel33250283

Thanks but my game is for pc but i see that only can port to windows i go try sell my game and if get a good money i go buy the game maker profissional and mac Ubuntu/Linux modules Hey Anvil studio can be used to create commercial games? because im using he to create the songs of my game the free license that can create midi musics