• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

License Has Expired (?????)

xenoargh

I bought 2.2 on Steam; today I'm getting a message stating that my "license has expired".

According to my YYG account, what "expired" was my "Beta 2.3 license"; I participated in the Beta and offered feedback, and apparently that license has now terminated. However, so far as I know, I'm not using a Beta; I'm using 2.3 because Steam force-updated me to 2.3. I certainly wasn't asked if I wanted to buy a new license.

I re-entered my credentials, and I'm back in my project but... er... what the heck's going on here?

rIKmAN

I bought 2.2 on Steam; today I'm getting a message stating that my "license has expired".

According to my YYG account, what "expired" was my "Beta 2.3 license"; I participated in the Beta and offered feedback, and apparently that license has now terminated. However, so far as I know, I'm not using a Beta; I'm using 2.3 because Steam force-updated me to 2.3. I certainly wasn't asked if I wanted to buy a new license.

I re-entered my credentials, and I'm back in my project but... er... what the heck's going on here?
So it's working now and recognising you have a full licence?

It's possible their system just got confused between the 2 licences when it expired and a refresh by logging back in to the IDE has pulled fresh credentials from the servers, but if it's still not working and your full licence isn't showing on your account when you log in to the website then the only thing you can really do is log a ticket with support, nobody on the forums can do anything to help with licencing issues.

Amon

Same happened to me just now. It stated my license had expired. Clicking the little box to show the extra bits of the message showed more text stating to re-login to relicense. After doing that everything is fine.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably just a new security measure where licenses expire and only a re-login with valid/verified account details for a paid for license allows GMS2.3 to work. I think anyway.

xenoargh

So it's working now and recognising you have a full licence?

It's possible their system just got confused between the 2 licences when it expired and a refresh by logging back in to the IDE has pulled fresh credentials from the servers, but if it's still not working and your full licence isn't showing on your account when you log in to the website then the only thing you can really do is log a ticket with support, nobody on the forums can do anything to help with licencing issues.
I think so? Weird. Ah well, as long as it's still working, lol.