Audio License-free Musical Instruments? [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Greetings...

You're thinking i'm making my game commercial, right?

At the beginning, i was making my game to have cartoon sounds, but i hadn't all of them, and at the try of get the other cartoon sounds thanks to this website, yiu told me those sounds are not free to use for a commercial product, that means i can't use those unless i pay for the license of use them.

Because of this, i just choose SoundBiblie's royality-free sounds, and make my own sounds... that are license-free... that was good, but there's other problem here.

Are the instruments used for the music of my game, free or not free to use for a commercial product?

I'm talking about samples and soundfonts...Toby Fox hadn't any problems using the free soundfonts he had, and publishing his soundfont-made soundtrack of his Undertale that is a commercial product, just because he didn't put things like "Music by Toby Fox" in the credits for avoid copyright issues... but i don't want to use the same instruments as Undertale's!

So... does royality-free samples and general midi soundfonts for music production, exist? Are the soundfonts Toby Fox used, not free to use?

Well...

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
There are (at least) two different situations that apply here. In most cases, you can use a commercial music sequencer that includes sample libraries (such as copyrighted Soundfonts (TM) libraries) to make your own music tracks, and you can legally use those tracks in your commercial product. However, you cannot provide the original sound library for download. Because you don't own that library.

This situation is analogous to text fonts owned by (say) Microsoft. You can usually use those fonts in your published work. But you cannot provide the fonts themselves to a third party. Because you don't own the fonts.

The second situation involves taking short "samples" of other musician's music, and then using those samples in your commercial product. This is generally NOT legal, without author permission. Using samples is legal for some other things, such as a reviews, news, education, etc. But this varies case by case.

My advice is stick with sounds and sound libraries where the author specifically says they can be used in your commercial products.

E

ethian

There are (at least) two different situations that apply here. In most cases, you can use a commercial music sequencer that includes sample libraries (such as copyrighted Soundfonts (TM) libraries) to make your own music tracks, and you can legally use those tracks in your commercial product. However, you cannot provide the original sound library for download. Because you don't own that library.

This situation is analogous to text fonts owned by (say) Microsoft. You can usually use those fonts in your published work. But you cannot provide the fonts themselves to a third party. Because you don't own the fonts.

The second situation involves taking short "samples" of other musician's music, and then using those samples in your commercial product. This is generally NOT legal, without author permission. Using samples is legal for some other things, such as a reviews, news, education, etc. But this varies case by case.

My advice is stick with sounds and sound libraries where the author specifically says they can be used in your commercial products.
Thanks for everything!

Also, i don't want to use the same soundfonts used by Undertale... 'cause i can't do it... or yes?

What other GM soundfonts should use for my commercial music tracks?

I'll make you 8 bit music if you make the dog game.
Ha ha ha!

Morendral

I think some serious considerations need to be made as too the minium age requirements for using the forums.

E

ethian

Hey!

I had actually figured out what @chance said to me...

Also, i can't believe i asked for a question that i can actually answer by myself...

musical artifacts.com is a website with soundfonts than include licenses... i had already choosen one that has a free license...

I was worried about licenses of assets for my commercial product, and i didn't knew... until...

Sorry, i'm very busy right now to talk correctly...

But what i was trying to say includes the problem is solved... i get what is missing about the assets for my game and its license!

However, there's a similar problem that is outta the topic, so, i can't talk about it here...

And, because of the solved problem, close this thread and put "Solved", please?

Status
Not open for further replies.