GameMaker License deactivation?

J

Jwicker23

We have been using GameMaker on our campus for quiet a long time and rarely have issues. This week is Finals week and of course we ran into an issue right before finals presentations. We are currently running version 2.1.5.322. When launching we would get a prompt to update to the latest version.

1) when clicking remind me later we would get to the login screen, but get an error that the profile needs to be updated.

2) when clicking to install the latest version I would get a TON of .dll error causing the update to fail.

After logging into the website with our admin login, we were greeted with a message that we have not been there in a while and needed to update our account information. As soon as I did this, I tested on our machines and I was now able to login. Is this what was causing our issues? If so, how often does this happen? To me this is not very good practice and could have been a big problem if this was not discovered until our students went to give their presentations.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Has anyone had luck installing the latest version over version 2.1.5.322? or do you have to uninstall and then manually install the new version?