1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Licence key?

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Emparans, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Emparans

Emparans Guest

Hey, I just downloaded Game Maker Studio 1.4, but it tells me that I need a license key. And if it is needed, how can I get one?
    PD: I do not know if this "post" would have to be here

2. SnortySnoopy

SnortySnoopy Member

You've to buy the license key or someone buy it for you and send the key as a gift to you from yoyogames.com.

3. Emparans

Emparans Guest

But, if I just want to try the trial version?

4. SnortySnoopy

SnortySnoopy Member

In that case, register to yoyogames.com, and use the email and password used to register in there when prompted by the IDE at launch.

5. Kanugane

Kanugane Member

You can simply register and at the products there should be a key/information for the trial version of game maker studio.

6. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

You can download a trial version of GMS 2.

GMS 1.4 licenses are no longer available, support for it has been discontinued.

If you previously had acquired a license key before it was made unavailable, you can still download it and use it.

Further info from this page:
    https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235626968-GM-S-1-X-Discontinued-FAQ