• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Libpng problem

R

Richard

Right, this thread is about libpng... Please don't hijack threads, you had me very confused..

I've created this report for that.

@obsidiannovels huh.. Are you speaking of the libpng issue affecting the extension? That should not be possible..
No, I got this email from AdMob. They said:

Version 6.4.1 and earlier SDK for Google Mobile-ads for Android 15 september 2016 will be fased out. Upgrade to SDK for Google Mobile-ads version 7.0.0 or later, so your ads will continue to be shown after 15 september 2016.

HAEGOE

Thank you.

Now the only problem is how to not fail in making android apps with google service extension that new version needs.

HAEGOE

One more thing, So what version will the problem with fixed? I mean the version of the GMS. I just reupgraded it to v1.4.1757.

J

jackhigh24

usually they do things like this as a EA or beta, then if all is ok with everyone then stable.

HAEGOE

Is this fixed yet? I'm not sure if I can make my new mobile project now. Unfortunately lack of my patience isn't helping me.

R

Roger Robertson

Starting to get a bit concerned myself. I need to roll an update but wanted to fix the issues first.

Lakko

From the early access release note:
Android
- Fixed Google submission/security issue by upgrading libPNG to v1.4.19
- Fixed checking targets mask when adding extension contants so we don't always add everything
- Fixed building-in multiple extensions when making YYC packages
- Changed build system to make temporary drive mount using Preference for temp folder - reduces 256 character path limit issues
- Changed javamaxheapsize to help compiling large projects with a lot of extensions
- NOTE: If you're using a lot of extensions and so still see errors you will need to use the 64bit Java JDK
- Added support for NDK 12 and 12b
- Added display_set_ui_visibility() to control "immersive mode" system UI
I hope to see soon this update also in the stable version

R

Richard

Of course, that's the way Early Access works...

EA -> Beta -> Stable...

G

GameBorgs

I've got an app that's ready to be published, I'm just waiting on the update. According to the help article if i publish it before Sep 17 everything will work fine but after that the updates will be blocked.

So is early access safe enough to use to publish? Or should I just wait for it to go to stable.
I could also just release it using the current stable but if I release it and find out it has a huge bug after Sep 17 I wont be able to update it.

Anything I'm missing?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I've got an app that's ready to be published, I'm just waiting on the update. According to the help article if i publish it before Sep 17 everything will work fine but after that the updates will be blocked.

So is early access safe enough to use to publish? Or should I just wait for it to go to stable.
I could also just release it using the current stable but if I release it and find out it has a huge bug after Sep 17 I wont be able to update it.

Anything I'm missing?
In my experience, EA is generally production-unsafe until at least the 1-month mark. That's the timeframe within which the biggest problems of the release surface. After that time, go to the bug tracker, scan for items that may affect your project specifically, then decide whether to release with it or wait for a descendent version on beta/stable.

This doesn't mean you should sit on your hands, though. The EA version is designed to help spot problems with upcoming releases, so play-test your project with it in the meanwhile. Do make sure that you are using EA with a copy of your project instead of the original, since file formats can change on EA.