• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

libpng Error

P

ProtoMikeV

Should I be concerned about this or is it something on the game maker developers part? If so, sorry about the post and hopefully, we will have an update soon. Thank's!

P

ProtoMikeV

It's live on Early Access now (1.99.493)
Will it be awhile before it's included in the stable build (I have a time limit to fix my app. :p) or should I download the early access game maker to patch my game up? Thank's for all the hard work btw! Sounds like it was a tough issue to work out.

R

Richard

Early Access is a separate install, so it should be fine (as long as you change the file paths etc). I would definitely recommend backing up your project before hand though just in case.

P

ProtoMikeV

Early Access is a separate install, so it should be fine (as long as you change the file paths etc). I would definitely recommend backing up your project before hand though just in case.
Gotcha. If I may recommend, a new separate icon for the early access version of game maker would be very useful. The current icon appears to be identical with only a blue dot on the bottom left side (making shortcut icons on windows cover it with a shortcut arrow) and it may be better to just do a reverse icon or something of green and black instead of black and green. This would help prevent others from trying to open stable built games with the unstable version before backing up. Thank's again for all your work man! We appreciate you!

P

ProtoMikeV

Sorry to double post, but with the new unstable version of Game Maker, I tend to get this while trying to build the APK:

I have the most up to date SDK files so I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. Thank's!

**UPDATE**
This only occurs on my game that's using the Google Play Services Extension and GooglePlayLicensingAsExt. Guess that's why it's an unstable build? :p

Hope to see this libpng fix work on the stable version soon. My ads are my source of revenue and I can't remove my extensions for the fix. Keep me up to date!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jackhigh24

its does work with them, no need to wait for stable, this EA is quite stable as it is, just a few little bugs that will be moaned about but not vital, if you have a read of all the other posts in tech section about not being able to compaile android you will see @PlayLight say exactly what is needed in your sdk manager then, so go check it, then also you need to be using NDK r11c also make sure you have bluetooth set in global game setting then you should be good to go

P

ProtoMikeV

Enabled bluetooth and installed NDK-r12b. That's the newest ndk as r11c is no longer available for download https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html
Game still does not compile. Same error.

**UPDATE**

I managed to find and download r11c and the same error occurs as long as any of the extensions mentioned above are used. This only occurs in the unstable version of Studio. :-/

R

Richard

Yeh the EA uses 12b so you should be fine using that.

Can you try turning on Bluetooth a second?

We are getting a few users with projects failing because it is not enabled. Obviously this is not ideal and we are aware of the issue.

P

ProtoMikeV

I tried it with the bluetooth option enabled under global android settings in permissions but still received the same error while attempting to compile. If you would like the full error log, I can send it to you. Hope this helps squash some bugs.

J

jackhigh24

did you install all that playlight mentioned in the sdk manager, as that's important you have them all ticked, i have the google play services ext in my tree and can compile but i don't have the GooglePlayLicensingAsExt as i dont use anything of googles, much better using heyzap you get to use all ad providers and can set it up so you have lots of providers competing giving you much better returns on ads that way.

EDIT im also using jdk1.8.0_31 so check what yours is

P

ProtoMikeV

did you install all that playlight mentioned in the sdk manager, as that's important you have them all ticked, i have the google play services ext in my tree and can compile but i don't have the GooglePlayLicensingAsExt as i dont use anything of googles, much better using heyzap you get to use all ad providers and can set it up so you have lots of providers competing giving you much better returns on ads that way.

EDIT im also using jdk1.8.0_31 so check what yours is
If you will, link me to the topic in which PlayLight mentions all these things and I'll give them a go. Like I said, stable version works fine. This only happens in the early access version.

**UPDATE**

I have also noticed that only games that NEVER used the google extensions will compile. If I remove the extensions from a game and then try to export, it will still fail to compile and I can see in the log, the issues are coming from googleplatextension and the license extension (all in game commands are removed), and the extensions are deleted.

P

ProtoMikeV

J

jackhigh24

ok well i don't have GooglePlayLicensingAsExt so i cant test that but works perfectly with those exact sdk manger setting, so it must be the GooglePlayLicensingAsExt that's at fault, what does the lint file show the error is, if you want to know where that is i just posted an example of where in this tech forum, if you dont understand the lint report then post it here.

P

ProtoMikeV

Yeh the EA uses 12b so you should be fine using that.

Can you try turning on Bluetooth a second?

We are getting a few users with projects failing because it is not enabled. Obviously this is not ideal and we are aware of the issue.
**RESOLVED!...sort of**

I created a test game from scratch and used the google play services ext. Everything checks out ok! I then added the license ext and it's always a no go. Deleting it from the extension didn't work until I cleared the cache and so on, but after that, everything worked fine. Bluetooth had nothing to do with the issue. Seems like you guys need to work on the compatibility with the new game maker and the GooglePlayLicensingAsExt. I can do without the license extension for now since my game is just a free game with ads, but it's pretty important to have once I start putting prices on some games in the future. Hope I've helped you guys out in your bug hunt, and thank you to everyone who's tried to help me here! I really appreciate it!

**UPDATE!**

Look's like I'll need that license key thing to work after all. Just tried to upload my new APK over my existing one without using the extension. I got this error from the APK upload on Google Developer Console:

"
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ KEY REMOVED SO NOBODY CAN SEE IT ON HERE AT YOYO :p ]
and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):
[KEY REMOVED SO NOBODY CAN SEE IT ON HERE AT YOYO :p ]
"

Hope a fix for the license stuff is put out soon. :-/

altan

**RESOLVED!...sort of**

I created a test game from scratch and used the google play services ext. Everything checks out ok! I then added the license ext and it's always a no go. Deleting it from the extension didn't work until I cleared the cache and so on, but after that, everything worked fine. Bluetooth had nothing to do with the issue. Seems like you guys need to work on the compatibility with the new game maker and the GooglePlayLicensingAsExt. I can do without the license extension for now since my game is just a free game with ads, but it's pretty important to have once I start putting prices on some games in the future. Hope I've helped you guys out in your bug hunt, and thank you to everyone who's tried to help me here! I really appreciate it!

**UPDATE!**

Look's like I'll need that license key thing to work after all. Just tried to upload my new APK over my existing one without using the extension. I got this error from the APK upload on Google Developer Console:

"
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ KEY REMOVED SO NOBODY CAN SEE IT ON HERE AT YOYO :p ]
and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):
[KEY REMOVED SO NOBODY CAN SEE IT ON HERE AT YOYO :p ]
"

Hope a fix for the license stuff is put out soon. :-/
i got same problem. what can we do? i got 3 dev account and different licence keys.

R

Richard

When you went to the Early Access version, did you pass over your keystore and input the correct password etc that you used when you published it?

The error message right there is telling you that the keystore is not the same as the uploaded one.

P

ProtoMikeV

When you went to the Early Access version, did you pass over your keystore and input the correct password etc that you used when you published it?

The error message right there is telling you that the keystore is not the same as the uploaded one.
That appears to be exactly what it was. I didn't take in to consideration that Game Maker EA didn't use the same keystore file. Thank's bud! As for the license extension, hope to hear some news on a fix soon! I've got a 99 cent game just around the corner. :p