• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Liber's Quest [Temporary Name]

gamemaker90

Hello all, I am posting this because I want to start engaging with the community and raise interest in my game. I have honestly just started working on it and I'm implementing the games base mechanics as we speak. It will basically be a "form" of an RPG with other genre elements in it. Currently all I have is a dungeon/underground area and a temporary player sprite I am using to visualize the actions (idle, walking, jumping, falling, and crouching). Here are a few screenshots of what I have so far:

screenshot_0.pngscreenshot_1.pngscreenshot_2.pngscreenshot_3.pngscreenshot_4.png

Now I know this isn't much to go off of, and the graphics will change, but I figured it best to post as I go along. Almost like a devlog of sorts. If you have any ideas or wish to provide feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Any form of constructive criticism and questions are what I am looking for. I don't expect a whole lot since it's very early in development, but here it is anyway. Enjoy.

Last edited:

pixeltroid

Looks like a platformer. Neat.
But since you've just started working on it and there's not much we can tell from the screenshots, I guess we'll have to wait and see how your game evolves. Cheers! And good luck on your quest! :)

gamemaker90

Looks like a platformer. Neat.
But since you've just started working on it and there's not much we can tell from the screenshots, I guess we'll have to wait and see how your game evolves. Cheers! And good luck on your quest! :)
Yes it is a sort of platformer. However the genre I plan to target is possibly more of a metroidvania with RPG like elements in it. And thank you very much!
Level design is always fun.
Yes it can be, but for this project I suspect many sleepless nights because every tile, object and line of code will need to be strategically placed for the best result. That said I plan to do things modularly, and then piece it together so it can be built on later.

gamemaker90

Thank you for the likes lalileloluly and pixeltroid I have some new ideas that I will be implementing soon that I hope you guys will like!