Forum Game Let's appreciate each other.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I'm gonna tag a few members and let them know why I appreciate them.
(Don't wanna tag too many people and break the rules)

You do the same! Tag a few people and let them know why you appreciate them.
Let's spread love in the GMC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Roderick I appreciate you because you make me smile with your comments.

@Misu I appreciate you because you were there when we started the Mentors server and helped a lot with it.

@Nocturne I appreciate you because you're always there whenever I need any help related to YYG, and you're really nice.

@orSQUADstra I appreciate you because your work is fabulous.

@nlolotte I appreciate you because you're nice and you helped me with music stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roderick

@matharoo - I hate you because I had actually considered doing a thread like this myself for Valentine's day. Even though I ultimately decided not to, I still hate you for stealing my idea.

There are several people here who I really admire for their ability to do much more than I can - many of you at half my age or so - and envy for their multiple talents: @RichHopefulComposer for his great art, @Nux for probably the single most amazing character design I've seen here, and @matharoo for the speed at which he learns, and his teaching ability.

And of course, @Nocturne, for not banning me, even though he totally should have ages ago.

Edit: Really? That's the smallest I can make the text? But that means that people will actually be able to see me saying something nice to matharoo... :'(

@RichHopefulComposer I appreciate you because you're encouraging and we're both making Zelda style games.

@Coded Games I appreciate you because we live in the same state and have the same initials (CG). And I had a blast playing Decks of Dexterity.

@Linkforce I appreciate you because of the thorough and helpful feedback on my games.

@HayManMarc @JacobV I appreciate you because of projects we've worked on together, and how much fun that always is.

@Barvix @Pere @0.Bytes And, all the people I've done game jams with. That is so much fun every time I work with a new person. (And JellyJake112, jacobtheviking, Julien, Luna and Joseph who I can't find usernames for, or aren't on the forum).

Maybe that's too many pings, sorry if that's the case.

M

Misu

I wish I could name all of them but I'll have to go and name all that meant a lot more than they thought.

@Yal - I appreciate you because you are always there to conversate with me no matter what situations or excuses occurred; even for the toughest times.

@matharoo - I appreciate you by your great kindness and friendly behavior; especially cooperating with you in anything GM related (and the Mentor server).

@RichHopefulComposer - Your great determinism on game development and Nintendo Fandom is what I appreciate about you the most. It sparks a little light in me knowing there is hope in life for the Gaming Giants.

@Alice - (even though you dont talk to me like you used to anymore) I still appreciate you and your enthusiasm in game development; especially in jams. It may be difficult to be a dev with no spare time but it is not DEVastating as it seems. ;)

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I found a loop whole for the "messaging to many users thing"

@everyone I apperciate you all because your all unique in your own ways and all of you have your own lives you are constantly doing, keep upthe good work, I wish you all the best of luck in everything.

I

immortalx

I've many many favorites here but If I had to pick only one that would be @TheouAegis . The man's patience with troubleshooting other people's code is remarkable!
It goes without saying that I have great respect for all top contributors, who collectively are the second GMS manual.
Oh and I do love the people who put some fun into a blunt technical forum :D

@FrostyCat for being harsh at times and making me laugh as a result
@FredFredrickson for being a huge inspiration when I was starting out
@Ragarnak for all the help you gave me back in the day
@Andy for being Andy
@Phantom107, wherever you went
@TheSnidr for all the amazing work you do without reward
@MishMash @orange451 for making me work harder to try to be as good as you
@matharoo for always making me think of my real life buddy named Matharoo

M

Misty

K. I wanna sincerely thank whoever was the guy who made GMModelFix. Makes 3D in GM so much easier. My only complaint is the gui of it kind of sucks. Just wanna celebrate the unsung heroes of game dev. The news would never give praise to real heroes like this. These are the unsung heroes of our world. Also, I wanna thank Mark Overmars for making GM in the first place.

Cpaz

Sure i'll throw in my thanks!

@RichHopefulComposer - For being an inspiration and voice of reason here on the GMC.
@ShaunJS - For being one of those creators who constantly pushes out thoughtful learning experiences that are easy to grasp.
@Jobo - For making a number of extremely useful and easy to use assets, and for making parakeet.
@HayManMarc - For going out of your way to create organize community events (Jams, secret Santa for quite a few years, ect)
@YellowAfterlife - For making GMedit primarily. But also your work on other extensions such as GMlive.
@Mike - For being down to earth and straight to the point when working with the community.
@Nocturne - For being the powerhouse of the forums, while also not being afraid to speak his mind.

K. I wanna sincerely thank whoever was the guy who made GMModelFix. Makes 3D in GM so much easier. My only complaint is the gui of it kind of sucks. Just wanna celebrate the unsung heroes of game dev. The news would never give praise to real heroes like this. These are the unsung heroes of our world. Also, I wanna thank Mark Overmars for making GM in the first place.
That was @icuurd12b42. I still use GMModelFix to this day to convert certain files for my engine, but that GUI makes me take a shot or two before opening up the program.

dawidM

Hello, I want to say thank you to all you guys who work on the development of GMS2. I remember GM5.3 and the whole progress which was made through all these years is very impressive. Special thanks to @YellowAfterlife , your assets are amazing, especially GMLive. Love your support and appreciate your work,. It's really great that we have someone like you in our community.

N

NeonBits

I dunno who I should thank, but thanks GM team; I don't know the weight of your work, but it allowed the creation of my project; it wouldn't be without your passion. Hoping for the best. And that my project can increase interest in your platform. And thanks, forum, for your answers. And everyone else who is having problems with their own project; it allows more explanations and makes the brain happier to not be the only one with an headache!

Last edited by a moderator:

Elodman

Wow so many excited posts, quickly, not to miss this...

Greets & respect & thanx fly to:

- the Lemmings creators (everyone should know them here, yeah?), for their present and past activity & for their mysterious ways of expressing thoughts :confused:

- moderators for keeping a quite cool atmosphere with mostly reasonable contents appearing

- community loving personnel, like Misu & HayManMarc, immortalix

- Tech-gurus like YellowAfterlife, TheSnidr, Pixelated_Religious_BigBoss, ...

- cute, or simply non-conventional, compelling proggy creators

- all those who contribute good intellectual material, written or video - then myself is excluded :(

(BTW, don't forget to listen to C-64 & Amiga muzak mixes while coding!)