Team Request Let' partner up for a little 2-players-versus game

T

Taddio

So, I have this 2-players-versus-arcade game that's been sitting on the shelf for a few months, now.
The gameplay is pretty basic, you mash the button to build units, which automatically move and fight their way to the other player castle (it plays with a gamepad controller, 4 unit types). The only strategy is the order you create your units, but the fastest and most endurant masher usually wins.
It's definately not a game you play for hours on end (the button mashing makes it painful when your buddy gets competitive, I tell you!), but more a game you play a couple games of on a friday night when you're waiting on that ever-late 3rd friend before going out for a drink...well...you get the idea...

What I'm looking for is someone willing to spend some time (I'm thinking it'd take a few weeks) working with me on it. What I want to improve from the prototype:
- New game mode (w/o timer, total destruction required), open to new ideas
- High scores saving with game stats
- New factions (I'm thinking asthetic changes only, but MAYBE different unit stats if balance looks...well...balanced)
- Fine-tuning "battles"
- Some camera effects (Im not so comfortable with them, tho)
- French/English option
- Network multiplayer would be *awesome++*, but I suck with...how do you call that, again? The "Internets"?

What I expect/look for:
- Getting the game DONE
- Good attitude and open mind
- Not drift away from the concept too much (stay focused on the goal, see point #1)
- Not a teenager (I'm in my 30's)
- Most probably no money from it, but I cover all the assets expenses, etc. BUT if the game gods send us money or puts us in a humble bundle, 50/50 split.
- At least a little bit of P.R. among your friends
- Intermediate knowledge of GML

The only thing I would want that I yet can't do is network, but just a good couch-competitive would satisfy me in all ways.
Someone comfortable with network and camera work would be the ideal partner, but anything goes if it "clicks" between us and our skills.

Soooooo, where is that game, you ask?
Well, I don't think I can post it here directly, as the placeholders assets CLEARLY aren't mine and break the forum guidelines ("stole" the fighting sounds in CIV and the menu "pops" in Worms, in all honesty, but placeholder is the word here!!:)), so just PM me and we'll figure it out. You'll need a xbox360 controller to play, and a buddy if you want to really grasp how fun and painful can really be combined in a game (maybe ps4controller works too, I don't know or own one)

On a last note, I WILL get this game finished, no matter alone or in a team. The only reason I'm putting it out before I start the "actual" game is that if I'm to work with someone, we better make plans ahead to avoid doing stupid things (read: lack of communication). So, I will leave this ad on here for a couple days, and see what happens. I never worked on a game with someone else before, that just looks like a cool thing to do, and is the only reason I want to do it.

If this speaks to you, you know where to click.

Rock on,
Taddio

Last edited by a moderator: