Android Less image quality affects in GMS?

S

SeirLord Games

Hi! :)

How can I explain this, emm. Well I have tested and when I make an image 512x512 for example, I make two (one high full quality and another with less quality. In my computer the size of 'image1' can be 1MB and the 'image2' can be 120KB, cause of quality reduction. But if I import it on GM the size is the same. Any idea if this is real?

Thanks

S

SeirLord Games

The game has a lot of images which are 1080x960, so... I must make their size be very low. I tried make it that it downloads them from web, but the game crashes in some cases

S

SeirLord Games

It's an interesting function, so... when I must execute 'gml_pragma("PNGCrush")? Every time I draw or on the very first object?

JackTurbo

It's an interesting function, so... when I must execute 'gml_pragma("PNGCrush")? Every time I draw or on the very first object?
Read the manual link Nocturne supplied, it might explain wheat you're asking. While I've never used these functions from the way the manual is worded it sounds like you call the function anywhere and it'll apply to all textures in the project.

I would however suggest keeping all these functions in one central location for the sake of project management.

THE MANUAL said:
These commands are effectively pre-processed before the game is compiled and so the function can be placed anywhere in your project and it will still be processed before the game is fully compiled.
THE MANUAL said:
"PNGCrush" - The "PNGCrush" pragma will use the PNGCrush program on each texture created. Note that this can add significantly to the time that it takes to compile the game, so you don't want it on all the time, although it can make significant savings on final file size.