• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics LED Display-Style button

K

KDG

I need opinions on which of these you think would look best for a game with a mostly neon/vibrant-colour-on-black look. I know they're not too different, but small things can make a big difference. (also note that they aren't actually going to be a 1-1 size ratio in game, and will be enlarged.)
sprite3_1.png

P

Pipsy

I see nearly no difference between the first two. I think I like the third the most. It always seems to old fashioned without a bit of colors to fill it in -- but don't get me wrong, I love old-fashioned, I just don't think this is the "good kind" of old-fashioned, if you get my drift...

F

frumple

Third is hardest to read. First looks nicest, but the second one is okay too. If you must.
Trouble with the first one is that it's a bit lifeless, but the second and especially third don't add anything exciting but look more blurry. Instead of blurring, could you possibly use a particle? Or a shorth flash or blink? Or any effect that temporarily adds life but keeps it clean and readable.
I'd prefer that, but that's just me.

Rivo

I really need to stare at the screen for this one haha. But I think the third looks more appealing. Maybe you should Increase the size of them for this post?