1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics LED Display-Style button

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by KDG, Feb 4, 2017.

1. KDG

KDG Guest

I need opinions on which of these you think would look best for a game with a mostly neon/vibrant-colour-on-black look. I know they're not too different, but small things can make a big difference. (also note that they aren't actually going to be a 1-1 size ratio in game, and will be enlarged.)
    sprite3_1.png

2. Pipsy

Pipsy Guest

I see nearly no difference between the first two. I think I like the third the most. It always seems to old fashioned without a bit of colors to fill it in -- but don't get me wrong, I love old-fashioned, I just don't think this is the "good kind" of old-fashioned, if you get my drift...

3. frumple

frumple Member

Third is hardest to read. First looks nicest, but the second one is okay too. If you must.
    Trouble with the first one is that it's a bit lifeless, but the second and especially third don't add anything exciting but look more blurry. Instead of blurring, could you possibly use a particle? Or a shorth flash or blink? Or any effect that temporarily adds life but keeps it clean and readable.
    I'd prefer that, but that's just me.

4. Morendral

Morendral Member

I don't see a difference between any of them

5. Niels

Niels Member

I would add a outer glow in photoshop if you really want to go for a neon/glowy look

6. Khao

Khao Member

These are 100% identical, pixel by pixel. Is there something I'm missing?

7. Rivo

Rivo 7014

I really need to stare at the screen for this one haha. But I think the third looks more appealing. Maybe you should Increase the size of them for this post?