• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Leaderboard issues.

L

Lonewolff

Hi Guys,

Does anyone here have any experience with posting scores to a leaderboard with Google play services?

I have read the GM manual and followed the following 'tutorials' but the scores won't post when testing with an Android device.

http://www.fm-studio.net/blog/gmstudio-add-google-play-games-2-new/
https://medium.com/@polltery/quick-setup-of-google-play-services-in-game-maker-6d92034aa548

achievement_available() returns true.
achievement_login() is in my create event.
and am trying to post a score of 100 as a test like so;

Code:
if (achievement_available()) achievement_post_score("CgkI.....etc", 100);
I have enabled Google Play Services and added the application ID and the Keystore information is all correct in 'Preferences'.

At this stage no scores are being registered in he Google Play Dashboard.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

[edit]
Game is 100% ready for launch. This is the only thing holding the release back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone here have any experience with posting scores to a leaderboard with Google play services?

I have read the GM manual and followed the following 'tutorials' but the scores won't post when testing with an Android device.

http://www.fm-studio.net/blog/gmstudio-add-google-play-games-2-new/
https://medium.com/@polltery/quick-setup-of-google-play-services-in-game-maker-6d92034aa548

achievement_available() returns true.
achievement_login() is in my create event.
and am trying to post a score of 100 as a test like so;

Code:
if (achievement_available()) achievement_post_score("CgkI.....etc", 100);
I have enabled Google Play Services and added the application ID and the Keystore information is all correct in 'Preferences'.

At this stage no scores are being registered in he Google Play Dashboard.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

[edit]
Game is 100% ready for launch. This is the only thing holding the release back.
I have the same issue. For me, it says that there isn't a leaderboard. But the leaderboard is published and is linked to the app. Also the api for the google play is currently in effect. I didn't know if anyone had found any success to solving this issue.

rIKmAN

I have the same issue. For me, it says that there isn't a leaderboard. But the leaderboard is published and is linked to the app. Also the api for the google play is currently in effect. I didn't know if anyone had found any success to solving this issue.
There have been multiple updates to GMS2 and the Android extensions since OPs post was made 2yrs ago, so it's unlikely to have any direct relevance at this point in time.

Try following the official Android Leaderboard Setup Guide from the start and seeing how it goes.

There have been multiple updates to GMS2 and the Android extensions since OPs post was made 2yrs ago, so it's unlikely to have any direct relevance at this point in time.

Try following the official Android Leaderboard Setup Guide from the start and seeing how it goes.
I appreciate the support. This is the guide I shared. I was unable to get this to work after following the guide, but I do appreciate you taking the time to contact me on this. Thank you.

rIKmAN

I appreciate the support. This is the guide I shared. I was unable to get this to work after following the guide, but I do appreciate you taking the time to contact me on this. Thank you.
Are you using the latest version of GMS2 and the most recent Google Play extension?

If you followed the guide from start to finish and it isn't working then you should report it as a bug using the relevent category in the dropdown menu which is: "Tutorial/Demo request or bug report".

It's possible something has changed as it was published 9mths ago, or it could be a bug with the functions used in the tutorial - it's impossible to say.

Before doing that I would recommend starting a fresh project with some barebones code just to test just the Leaderboard functionality and follow the guide through again just to rule out it being anything specific to your main project.

If it doesn't work you can then attach that small example to a bug report which will help YYG reproduce the problem and fix it.

Are you using the latest version of GMS2 and the most recent Google Play extension?

If you followed the guide from start to finish and it isn't working then you should report it as a bug using the relevent category in the dropdown menu which is: "Tutorial/Demo request or bug report".

It's possible something has changed as it was published 9mths ago, or it could be a bug with the functions used in the tutorial - it's impossible to say.

Before doing that I would recommend starting a fresh project with some barebones code just to test just the Leaderboard functionality and follow the guide through again just to rule out it being anything specific to your main project.

If it doesn't work you can then attach that small example to a bug report which will help YYG reproduce the problem and fix it.
Yes, I did all of that. The company has no idea on how to fix the issue. They sent me a message informing me that they think it is a bug. They are not sure how to fix it. I even sent them a copy of my game. Nobody knows how to solve this issue. :/