• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Layers don't work properly in the sprite editor?

C

Chris Wilfong

I wanted to create a character animation using separate layers for front arm, front leg, back arm, back leg, etc. However, when I create a new frame the images start switching themselves to other layers and it gets extremely glitchy. Has anyone else had this problems/found a way to get around it?

G

gn.fur

Just use Spine or any normal image editor. Photoshop, Paintdotnet, anything.
And submit bug to buglist. They'll fix it. In 4 to 6 months. : - )

G

gn.fur

Lame haha
It's just built-in editor, why do you even use it for anything other than minor sprite modifications? Yes, it got better in GMS2, but it's better to use dedicated software for main work. (and do this kind of animation with skeletons.)

C

Candied Hat

It would be nice to ensure able to use Game maker by itself to do image creation and editing. It's a great editor, it just has a few bugs.

M

modalmodule

Now now.... We've been pretty good at fixing issues in GMS2, especially stability or project related things.

Can you get a repo case of this? a GIF/Video of it happening?
I'm having the same issue, and now every time I copy paste a frame, then hide then show or edit a layer, it happens: literally the images held in the layers randomly shuffle, like a really annoying Chinese fire drill! Meanwhile the previous frame has the images of the layers in proper order...