layer_tilemap_get_id functions cannot be evaluated

I just recently moved from GM8.1 to GM:S2 (due to not having a license for 8.1...), and I'm working on getting my current project copied over. In the original project, I had a nigh-perfect tile-based collision system, as well as some other systems, which depended on the old tile_layer_find function (may it be missed). Upon doing m homework, I've found out about the new function that I need to serve that same purpose, and that they require the ID of the tilemap in the layer to function. So I'm trying to use layer_tilemap_get_id to acquire that ID, using a simple check in the Watch section of the debugger to test it, but the debugger says that it cannot evaluate my layer_tilemap_get_id function. This is very frustrating, as I cannot figure out where I'm going wrong with such a simple function.

The function I'm testing in the debugger is as follows:
layer_tilemap_get_id ("layer_walls")
layer_walls being the name I've given to the layer holding my wall tiles (for now, at least- I plan on just using one tile layer eventually, but that's a bridge I'll cross later.)

I pop that boi into the debugger's Watch, and it says that it cannot be evaluated. I've checked the spelling on the layer name several times, to no avail. If anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong, I'd love to hear it so that I can carry on past this roadblock. The endgoal here is simply to understand what I'm doing wrong with this function so that I may use it in various systems later on.

Thank you kindly!
~Pir