• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

layer_sprite_index sub images not showing only the zero frame

camerakid

Hey Everyone,

In the latest 2.3.0.529 version I have realized that for some reason when I use the layer_sprite_create command with the layer_sprite_index whatever image index I choose it always shows the zero frame only.

Is it a bug or has anything changed using that command?

Thank you!

Attila

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Sounds like a bug to me.... There appear to be some issues with the image_index of a sprite in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if those functions are affected. Please file it, and if you can add a link to a test project that shows the issue that would be great.

camerakid

Thank you very much for the quick reply I will file a bug report on this. I'm afraid the project is super huge and complex so I cannot add a test project to it.

hippoo

Same problem here. I've prepared simple project showing it. First sprite has 13 frames. Pressed space runs function layer_sprite_index. It sets correct frame only for a short moment but doesn't keep the state. It goes back to the animation, ignoring frame set by layer_sprite_index. For second sprite (with animation speed = 0) function layer_sprite_index sets the frame only for a short moment too.
Exported project: laprpg.eu/sprite_index_problem.yyz

camerakid

Thank you for your comment. I have submitted a sample project to YoYo on 3rd September, they confirmed this bug. I really hope we get a fix for this issues very soon. :-o

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Okay, good to know that this is a bug... in a way. =/

It's been 2 months already since 3rd of September. Any forecast on when this is going to be fixed...? o.o