• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Latest IDE Update (2.3.3.570) broke a lot, how can I revert?

CraterHater

Hey,

The IDE Update 2.3.3.570 essentially broke my entire game. For example show_debug_messages don't appear in the output anymore, my Async - Save/Load events don't work anymore, ini file reading broke etc. I would like to revert to the older version. How can I do this?

Thanks!

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
First of all what did it break??? Please file a bug with an example or we can never fix your issue.

Russell

Something went wrong in my environment
I used "instance_position" for the instance ID as a local variable, and when I tried to store and use it, it seemed that the ID could not be read.
I solved it by rolling back.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Your game is probably broken from your reliance on game_save and game_load, not GMS 2.3.3 specifically. These functions are essentially low-level core dumps, which become incompatible when you change anything in the project or change the runtime. Loading stale, incompatible files with game_load will corrupt the runner's state and cause all sorts of undefined behaviours.

If you want to have any hope of progressing with your project, abandon game_save and game_load, and learn to write save systems properly.

Hey,

The IDE Update 2.3.3.570 essentially broke my entire game. For example show_debug_messages don't appear in the output anymore, my Async - Save/Load events don't work anymore, ini file reading broke etc. I would like to revert to the older version. How can I do this?

Thanks!
When you say ini file reading broke, did you mean that the default GMS ini file reading broke?
Are you using YellowAfterlife's GMS2's Improved INI functions extension?
If so, did this extension break after the recent update?

Either way, how did it break? Please elaborate.