• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Last Night Of Winter - Top down A-RPG

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

I made it to this boss, but i gave up after many attempts.
LastNightBoss.png

I liked gameplay over all, but maybe character could move little bit faster.
I wasnt really huge fan of getting stunned by enemies. Especially when there was multiple enemies you could get stun locked easily.

Platforming section was quite challenging. At first i was getting worrier about that area, but that feather item made it bearable :D
Also i noticed that Q ability didnt go very far when i hold button for longer. I think it would make more sense other way around.

There seemed to be quite big gap between letters in dialog, i found it kinda hard to read.

I got this error when i died:
of Alarm Event for alarm 3
for object o_Rock:

Variable <unknown_object>.<unknown variable>(100103, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_o_Rock_Alarm_3
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_o_Rock_Alarm_3 (line -1)

Llain

@Yrbiax Hey! Thank you so much for the awesome feedback, it has helped me a lot! And for telling me the error, it should be fixed now

I know the boss is pretty hard, you can get help if you rescue a guy in a cell, but that shouldn't be necessary and it's too hard for being the first boss. So I'm gonna work into remaking that battle now

There are items to buff your movement, but if it feels too slow I'll raise the base spd a little.

I've also removed the charge for the Q. It was a controllable boomerang, but I changed that, so charging it doesn't make sense now.

And I'll reduce the gap between the letters too.