Last Light

Kyon

Last Light

This is a project I've been working on for while I'm at home during this corona crisis.
It'll be a stealthy adventure game about waking up on an alien spaceship. My plan was to practice sound effects in this game.
I made a little video of the game in it's current state, although youtube did lower the resolution of the game by a lot.. :(

The game will be story-driven. You can decide between combat or stealth to make your way through the game.
What you think?
Sound Design tips are really appreciated. I'm a musician myself so I knew a bit about production, but never really made real sound effects, so this is kiiiiiiind of my first real try. (I always make quick sound effects for my other games but never this detailed)

I post about this game on my twitter if you're interested in more updates! :D
twitter

(i also post here though)
Thanks!!!

Kyon.

Mk.2

Interesting art direction, the minimalistic style and colour palette works well with the theme. Already looks like it will have a great atmosphere. Are you making the sound effects from scratch, or processing already existing effects?

Kyon

Interesting art direction, the minimalistic style and colour palette works well with the theme. Already looks like it will have a great atmosphere. Are you making the sound effects from scratch, or processing already existing effects?
Thank you! I'm still thinking of changing the "red" walls to a more darker gray tone so it feels more eerie.
A lot of the sound effects are made from scratch.
Like the "spaceship atmosphere" is mostly just stuff from my kitchen recorded with these little contact microphones like this:

But other sounds are also just super layered or edited sounds I found on freesounds, but so much changed that it's basicly my own new sound.
Stuff like the laser beam is all made in synthesizers from scratch too.
The voiceacting of the main character is from a sample pack that I'll have someone record for the game specific if the game is bigger (so I can do everything at once) So that's the only thing not really my own.

looks very nice. It feels like "Alien" but with killer robots.
Nice! I took lots of inspiration from Alien.
This is actually good feedback because the enemy should actually be an alien instead of a robot, I bump into this problem quite a lot because my art style makes it so sharp and more robot-like. (also his head looks a big like the StarWars robot :( )

Thanks both! :)