• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Large tileset causing lag in room editor

Z

zakthdrgnslyer

My tileset is 2048 x 512, and whenever I'd use it in a room it would make adding and removing layers lag, selecting tiles lag, etc. The lag is pretty bad. It usually gets worse if I make the map big. Is there any way to fix this? Because this honestly doesn't make much sense to me.

TheouAegis

How big is your room? Have you tried closing all windows/workbenches/whatever GMS calls them? Have you tried restarting your computer? How many tile layers do you have in the room?

Z

zakthdrgnslyer

How big is your room? Have you tried closing all windows/workbenches/whatever GMS calls them? Have you tried restarting your computer? How many tile layers do you have in the room?
My room size is 15000x15000. I have 5 tileset layers, 7 instance layers, 1 asset layer, and 1 background layer. It seems that only the tileset layers are a problem. I put them in an empty room with the same room size and it was causing lag. I closed all windows and still the same problem. I have restarted my computer. My computer is decent and can run almost all games over 60fps. But when the lag does happen, it seems that it eats up a lot of ram.