1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: We will be applying a Xenforo update on Tuesday 25th of February. This means that from approximately 10:00 to 14:00 BST the forums will be offline (or possibly longer). Sorry for the inconvenience! Official Announcement here.

GM:S 1.4 Large, animated sprites

Discussion in 'Programming' started by PWL, Feb 14, 2018.

1. PWL

PWL Member

I'm about to animate a boss at a size around 400x350. Should I be worried about the amount of frames when it comes to the texture pages or something?

I know if my sprite is too big it will be scaled down. But if I have my boss sprite set to a texture page and have 30 frames, so that it exceeds the texture size, will that cause downscaling and other problems?

2. sylvain_l

sylvain_l Member

do the math ^^
    if you force all of them on one texture page it could be easly ok if you use 4k texture page (works on windows, I don't think they work on all mobile but should on most recent - saying that as in your signature 2 of your banners are for android)
    8*8 = 64 sprites and 8*400 = 3200pixels, 8*350 = 2800 even if you add the margin for each sprite you are good. :)