Laptop died, backing up files to flash drive...

TheouAegis

And I just realized I have a couple hundred fonts to back up. My version of Windows is so old that it doesn't allow xcopy in DOS, so I have to copy each file individually.
😭

Gamebot

That's LUDICRACY!

DOS...I was so excited when that game came out then realized it was not UNO but DOS!

TheouAegis

Because.... I've never used Linux and also the thought never occurred to me. I have an XP CD with recovery console on it, so that's just what I ended up using. Ohw ell, I only have 500 more fonts to go, so I'll just grit my teeth until it's done and then try reformatting the laptop. This is all assuming the damn thing will even still run. I just have my laptop around for running Windows XP, since a lot of my games don't run on Windows 10 properly.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I could write you a batch file that would copy them automatically for you if you wanted

Rayek

Because.... I've never used Linux and also the thought never occurred to me. I have an XP CD with recovery console on it, so that's just what I ended up using. Ohw ell, I only have 500 more fonts to go, so I'll just grit my teeth until it's done and then try reformatting the laptop. This is all assuming the damn thing will even still run. I just have my laptop around for running Windows XP, since a lot of my games don't run on Windows 10 properly.
Not much knowledge required with a live Linux CD and a window manager.

Or if you feel more at home in Windows, use the Windows Live XP CD:

It will run a full WIndows XP from the CD, and allow you to copy all the files easily.