Alpha Landwarren [A1.0]

Calvert

Landwarren: the complex byte-sized missile defense game!

Landwarren is a game that demands attention to detail, precise calculations and quick thinking. Instead of simply pointing and shooting at hazards with user friendly assistance, the operator of Landwarren must calculate and manually submit coordinates into a control system to target incoming hazards. Don't forget to manage the energy that is generated from nearby cities, lest you run out of firepower to defend your planet.

Goal: Operate a Missile Control Tower in order to defend your planet from a chaotic series of disasters. Achieve the highest score over all other operators.

Download page on Itch.io
https://reveremint.itch.io/landwarren-alpha-10

This 4x sped up video offers perspective on the mission of a Landwarren operator.

LWA1.pnglw1.png

Controls:
X: Start Game, Fire Missile.
Arrow Keys: Navigate Control Panel.
Number Pad: Type Values.
Escape: Restart Game, Exit Game.

X: X Coordinate.
Y: Y Coordinate.
E: Energy.
P: Power.
Green bar below "30": Health bar.

Energy is converted into power. Power = speed of projectile. Higher power = higher projectile speed = higher cost = easier calculation.

In-game field size:
X Coordinates: 0-144
Y: Coordinates: 0-104

HIGH SCORES:
Code:
- 0000 - No player
- 0000 - No Player
- 0000 - No Player
- 0000 - No Player
- 0000 - No Player

Last edited:

pixeltroid

Nice. Reminds me of a game called "Missile Command" that I played on my Gameboy 20+ years ago. In that game, you had to calculate the trajectory of the incoming enemy projectile and place a target on the sky. So when the missile reached that position, it would explode and create a damage radius that stays in the sky for a few seconds. Any enemy projectiles that touch it are destroyed.

Calvert

Nice. Reminds me of a game called "Missile Command" that I played on my Gameboy 20+ years ago. In that game, you had to calculate the trajectory of the incoming enemy projectile and place a target on the sky. So when the missile reached that position, it would explode and create a damage radius that stays in the sky for a few seconds. Any enemy projectiles that touch it are destroyed.

Thanks for your comment. Missile Command is a total inspiration for Landwarren.

What if in Missile Command, you could purchase different types of missiles? or find things in the sky that grant special abilities? I hope Landwarren fulfills this and much more.

What would you like to see changed or added?