• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Lancer - My first 2D game

S

SirJukerino

Hey guys,

I'm a student currently studying Game Art at Media Design School and as part of the course have developed my first game.

Lancer is a local multiplayer competitive platformer based around the concept of medieval jousting, but with a twist. Compete in four different seasonal arenas, each with their own unique mechanic and design.

The game is designed as a simple pixel art game and is all about the gameplay and player experience. Growing up as a kid, one of my fond memories was always playing games in class with friends. I wanted to create a game which emulated this feeling, so I created Lancer. You can view the gameplay trailer here -

Or download the game here -
https://sirjukerino.itch.io/lancer
http://gamejolt.com/games/lancer/264185

Screenshots:

Feedback is appreciated, as are ideas and features I could implement to improve it.

Thanks,
Juke

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pot
D

DyingSilence

This game is very well thought out! I loved how the movement requires mastery, like in Rayman 1.

It looks good, but graphics are a little inconsistent - there's this chunky pixel art, and paintery images, sometimes in one sprite!
You may consider putting yourself into credits :D

As for improvements, there's little reason to go up right now, the mushroom may be good sometimes, but on the winter map it's not even worth it to attempt getting there.
My suggested solution would be adding the "higher ground bonus" - if players clash, the player that's higher than the other has a little advantage of his meter being partially filled.
This would highly ( :D ) encourage jumping, and aerial fights may be even more exciting than the current ones.

Overally - this game has incredible potential to become a second Nidhogg, you just need to carefully refine it's design.