Windows Lagging Demo

G

Gedor Games

Hey!

So I just released a demo for my game Arcadium but some people that have downloaded it said that it began lagging after a few levels. When I downloaded it myself and tried it out the game works fine without any lagg, so how do I solve this when I cant test it on my own computer?

The game is for windows and I used the single runtime executable option to create the application. I wonder if using a zip file or even a installer would help, the rooms are in run in 60 fps and the file size for the game is 63 MB.

So what I need to know is how many people experience this lagg? Most or just a few? If this is a major problem how do I solve it since It works for me? I would appreciate help here and if some of you could download it just to see if it laggs or not, the download link is in my signature and on the WIP forum.

DukeSoft

Use the profiler :) See if memory usage increases and see what instances are eating the CPU.

Maybe you're making persistant instances that keep eating CPU? Maybe you have memory leaks? The profiler is the place to be when it comes to performance issues.

G

Gedor Games

Use the profiler :) See if memory usage increases and see what instances are eating the CPU.

Maybe you're making persistant instances that keep eating CPU? Maybe you have memory leaks? The profiler is the place to be when it comes to performance issues.
Ok I tried the profiler but I could not see anything wrong with the game, maybe it is because I dont use profilers and I am not sure on how it works but I could tell that the memory usage did not increase as I was playing. I dont have any persistant instances in the game, all the instances that leave the room are destroyed, I do have some particle systems but they are destroyed when the room ends. Of course I have many object in the game but that should not be an issue for lagging, since my last post I have heard that not all people experience the lagg when they play so maybe it has to do with something else. I am still using windows 7 so maybe only people with windows 10 are having this problem but I honestly dont know.
Thanks for your help though!

DukeSoft

you can check the profiler in the debugger and record some steps, just see what "calls" are being called the most / cost the most time.

If your memory is not increasing, and the calls are quite steady and low as well, the problem is not in your game.