• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Lag Problem

R

rainb0wgamer

So I made a game and it lags all the way down to 30 fps. It should be 60 fps. I tried deleting nearly every object in the room after a few frames it has started but it still only is around 30 fps. I do not have anything heavy going on in the background and in task manager it states that the game only takes up 20% of the prosesor and sometimes spikes up in gpu use. If you have any ideas how to fix my problem please tell me!

samspade

So I made a game and it lags all the way down to 30 fps. It should be 60 fps. I tried deleting nearly every object in the room after a few frames it has started but it still only is around 30 fps. I do not have anything heavy going on in the background and in task manager it states that the game only takes up 20% of the prosesor and sometimes spikes up in gpu use. If you have any ideas how to fix my problem please tell me!
Not enough detail to answer really. If you're using GMS 2 you should run the debugger and do real time profiling of the game to see what's taking up so much processing power. I don't know if you can do this in GMS 1.

Alternatively, test it by deleting objects one at a time until you find the object(s) that are slowing it down and then look at those objects' code.

R

rainb0wgamer

I found out wich object created the problem. Its my lighting object that makes the room semi-dark. I might have to change some code to make it more efficent. Thanks for the help btw.