• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo Klure! - A retro arcade game!

J

j.noodlerat

Made in GM:S 1.4​

Download the New Klure! Demo 2.0 here! Any feedback is welcome!
https://jnoodlerat.itch.io/klure

5/29/19 - NEW DEMO 2.0 IS NOW OUT!

Klure! is a retro game heavily inspired by the arcade games of old. Most prominently Q*Bert. The demo includes 15+ levels of old school arcade action!

The color from Klures home world is being sucked dry by the alien Gridgis! Can you stop the seemingly endless fleet of ships?

This is a game I've been working off and on for the past year or so after learning GML. It's only been the past few months that I've really polished it up into a more complete game. This is also the first public released game I've ever done and I hope people enjoy it!

List of features added to the new Demo!

• Colorblind Mode
  • Controller Support
  • Portrait Mode
  • A Bunch of Tweakable Options
  • Randomly Generated Levels (after 16+ only)
  • In Game Tutorial

Just a list of features I plan to add in the future.
  • More Game Modes
  • More Types of Randomly Generated Levels
  • Level Hazards - To add to the games difficulty and not just rely on large amounts of enemies. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a quick go and enjoyed it, good stuff :D Although I was a bit lost on the first go as to what to do, but like you say it's easy enough to figure out. Maybe a really simple tutorial would help smooth that out a bit tho...

J

j.noodlerat

Nice consistency with the blocky graphics. The kiwi looks very cool! The game gives me "Jumping Jackson" vibes, although gameplay is different. I'll see if I have some time to play this.
Thanks! Wow, I Haven't heard of that game in a long time. lol. Rainbow Walker, that I used to play on the Commodore 64 was actually one of my main inspiration.

Had a quick go and enjoyed it, good stuff :D Although I was a bit lost on the first go as to what to do, but like you say it's easy enough to figure out. Maybe a really simple tutorial would help smooth that out a bit tho...
Nice, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I definitely agree. I kind of rushed it out when a few friends were bugging me to try it. :p lol.

B

BearlyBros

Awesome game! We loved it and had a fun time playing it!

Also just from us playing your game, we've entered you into our weekly giveaway! We are playing 6 Game Maker games a week and then giving away a FREE Game Maker Studio game published on Steam (Eg Hotline Miami, Hyper Light Drfiter, etc) to a developer of one of the games we play!

J

j.noodlerat

Awesome game! We loved it and had a fun time playing it!

Also just from us playing your game, we've entered you into our weekly giveaway! We are playing 6 Game Maker games a week and then giving away a FREE Game Maker Studio game published on Steam (Eg Hotline Miami, Hyper Light Drfiter, etc) to a developer of one of the games we play!
Sweet, that's awesome! Glad you enjoyed it! :)