Windows KIROE - 3D Hack & Slash (DEMO AVAIBLE)

T

Tayoyo

Looks very cool. I like the cartoony art for the menu, and the music is very nice, too. The hub town is cool and having to do the different missions all seems like a lot of fun. Did you make all the models yourself? If so they look really good and I think this could be a pretty fun game once you've finished it :D. Also, are you planning on adding a blocking mechanic? Your character has a shield and I think it'd work pretty well with your game

Here are some little news :D

- replaces skeletal enemies with gremlins (less polygon so better performance)
- Add patrols enemies when room start
- Add player defense with shield (using right clic and, a chance to auto-protect when he is attacked)
- Add player and enemis animations (defense with shield, die, hit, ...)
- Add health bar on citizen to protect

Screenshoot evolution 2017 VS 2019 :

are you planning on adding a blocking mechanic? Your character has a shield and I think it'd work pretty well with your game
Thanx for this idea, it's now added :D :D

Just added :
- A red fury bar under the life bar : after 5 shots, the bar is filled and the damage is doubled.
- Small animals in the scenery: fish, sharks and birds. Fish and birds are just to animate the map a bit, there is no interaction with the player. Sharks can attack the player. i will probably also add bats and alligator

Last edited:
a little step back through these screenshoots: in 2015 the first prototype, and now after several engine evolutions;) When you're a fan of GameMaker and programming but you do not have a lot of free time, and more motivation, it gives that: D :

Hi :)

After a short break on my project (lack of motivation), I get back to it slowly. I just reviewed the scenario.
English isn't my native language, and i'm looking for someone to correct it if there are some mistakes pleaze.
There is also the deutsh version, if a german could have a look too :

English text :
o_scenario_1_txt[0]= "Welcome to Floaters, a world composed of several small planets # very close to each other. ## Floaters had become a quiet world, # where most people were busy living peacefully."
o_scenario_2_txt[0]= "The evil had been repulsed for many generations: # After heavy fighting, the gremlins had been defeated, # And pushed back to a planet much farther away # The inhabitants of Floaters thought that their return # was simply impossible..."
o_scenario_3_txt[0]= "Until the day or .... # On their distant planet, # the Gremlins organized their offensive, # and found a way back..."
o_scenario_4_txt[0]= "Combining magic and energy of the earth, #They mastered the ways of the earth, #Their ability to move from planet to planet, # In order to invade all the villages of Floaters.##A large part of the citizens were prisoners."
o_scenario_5_txt[0]= "You are Kiroe, a brave inhabitant of Floaters.##Go to the castle #the only village that has successfully repelled the attacks.# Equip yourself with a sword and a shield # And go save the imprisoned villagers."
Deutsh text :
o_scenario_1_txt[2]= "Willkommen bei Floaters, einer Welt,#die aus mehreren kleinen Planeten besteht,#die sehr nahe beieinander liegen. ## Floater waren zu einer ruhigen Welt geworden,#in der die meisten Menschen beschäftigt waren, friedlich zu leben."
o_scenario_2_txt[2]= "Das Böse war seit vielen Generationen zurückgeschlagen worden: # Nach heftigen Kämpfen waren die Gremlins besiegt worden, # und auf einen weiter entfernten Planeten zurückgeschoben worden...#"
o_scenario_3_txt[2]= "Bis zum Tag oder ... #Auf ihrem fernen Planeten #organisierten die Gremlins ihre Offensive#und fanden einen Weg zurück..."
o_scenario_4_txt[2]= "Die Verbindung von Magie und Energie der Erde. Sie beherrschten die Wege der Erde. Ihre Fähigkeit, sich von Planet zu Planet zu bewegen. Um in alle Dörfer von Floaters einzudringen.##Ein großer Teil der Bürger war gefangen."
o_scenario_5_txt[2]= "Du bist Kiroe, eine tapfere Bewohnerin von Floaters.##Gehe zum Schloss,#dem einzigen Dorf, das die Angriffe erfolgreich abgewehrt hat.#Rüste dich mit einem Schwert und einem Schild aus.#Rette die inhaftierten Dorfbewohner."

Thanx a lot for your help :D
(this is a google traduction : if there isn't any error, just tell me pleaze)

Morendral

o_scenario_1_txt[0]= "Welcome to Floaters, a world composed of several small planets # very close to each other. ## Floaters had become a quiet world, # where most people were busy living peacefully."
o_scenario_2_txt[0]= "The evil had been repulsed for many generations. # After heavy fighting, the gremlins had been defeated, # and pushed back to a planet much farther away. # The inhabitants of Floaters thought that their return # was simply impossible..."
o_scenario_3_txt[0]= "Until today... # On their distant planet # the Gremlins organized their offensive, # and found a way back..."
o_scenario_4_txt[0]= "Combining magic and the energy of the Earth #they mastered the ways of the Earth, # and their ability to move from planet to planet # in order to invade all the villages of Floaters.##Most of the citizens were prisoners."
o_scenario_5_txt[0]= "You are Kiroe, a brave inhabitant of Floaters.##Go to The Castle, #the only village that has successfully repelled the attacks.# Equip yourself with a sword and a shield, # and go save the imprisoned villagers."

I tried to keep your original meanings intact, but some of the sentences seemed out of place. I'm not sure if it was a translation error or just poorly organised thoughts, but this should at least be more grammatically correct for you.

o_scenario_2_txt[0]= "The evil had been repulsed for many generations. # After heavy fighting, the gremlins had been defeated, # and pushed back to a planet much farther away. # The inhabitants of Floaters thought that their return # was simply impossible..."
o_scenario_3_txt[0]= "Until today... # On their distant planet # the Gremlins organized their offensive, # and found a way back..."
o_scenario_4_txt[0]= "Combining magic and the energy of the Earth #they mastered the ways of the Earth, # and their ability to move from planet to planet # in order to invade all the villages of Floaters.##Most of the citizens were prisoners."
o_scenario_5_txt[0]= "You are Kiroe, a brave inhabitant of Floaters.##Go to The Castle, #the only village that has successfully repelled the attacks.# Equip yourself with a sword and a shield, # and go save the imprisoned villagers."

I tried to keep your original meanings intact, but some of the sentences seemed out of place. I'm not sure if it was a translation error or just poorly organised thoughts, but this should at least be more grammatically correct for you.
Great !!! Thanx a lot :D
Your answer is really what I hoped: thank you :)

The issue comes from the fact that very little works together. You have the logo and the menu options oddly a touch off-center, a gradient background using a color scheme that doesn't really match the game's, and then some random pictures stuck on top and scattered around, where the characters don't even look like they are standing on those platforms. The characters also don't even look like they're from the same game. The enemies are really detailed, yet the player isn't, going so far as to have a really bland face. That's a different discussion in general, but it still makes a huge impact on the menu.

I don't want to tell you what you should do, but there should be synergy amongst every element being used, and right now it looks like things are just there to fill the screen space. It sadly looks like it was done by an amateur, which, judging from the actual game itself, you are far from. Take a look at the image in your signature; it would work miles better as a menu. Try to draw some inspiration from that.

The issue comes from the fact that very little works together. You have the logo and the menu options oddly a touch off-center, a gradient background using a color scheme that doesn't really match the game's, and then some random pictures stuck on top and scattered around, where the characters don't even look like they are standing on those platforms. The characters also don't even look like they're from the same game. The enemies are really detailed, yet the player isn't, going so far as to have a really bland face. That's a different discussion in general, but it still makes a huge impact on the menu.
waow, thank you very much for this great comment that has been very constructive for me: your arguments are quite right, and I thank you for these, really a big big thank you.
I am going to work on the top of now, the menu being the first thing that the player will see, it must actually be more worked ....

a big thank you for your remarks :)

The issue comes from the fact that very little works together. You have the logo and the menu options oddly a touch off-center, a gradient background using a color scheme that doesn't really match the game's, and then some random pictures stuck on top and scattered around, .....
Here is a new Game Menu (and Option Menu thanx to your comment ), hope that's looking good :)

Last edited:
New video with :
- New menu (thank you BattleRifle BR55 for your comment)
- New Story line
- Cannons, barrels of dynamite, peaks coming out of the ground: which you can use to kill enemies
- A glimpse of all types of worlds (forest, desert, castle, mine, pirate, cemetery)

Hey :)
I've been able to draw 3D ennami path on the map : it's easier to play the game ...
However, that's not graphically realy nice.... I'm searching for ideas to make this look nicer.

Also, i've change sounds to better ones, and i'm working on addind 2D sprite animation effect : this is looking promising ;) :)
http://www.dubosson.fr/kiroe/scr66.png

Last edited:
New video with news fight effects ...
Tell me what you think of it :D
I'm always searching for 1 or 2 beta tester pleaze, i haven't anyone yet

New video to promote the Game :

And demo avaible on Itchio !! :D
https://cybertwister.itch.io/kiroe

Thanx for trying and telling me what you think :D
Here is an exemple of what you could send me after tried :
Did the game launched correctly?
What is the configuration of your PC?
How long have you been playing around?
How many levels have you completed?
Does the level of difficulty seem too easy, balanced, or too hard?
Did you buy weapons and shields?
Did you use bombs and cannons during the fighting?
Are there things you didn't like?
Are there things you particularly liked?
Do you have any ideas to improve the game?
Do you have an idea for an ending scenario?
Do you have any comments regarding music and sounds?
Other remarks, don't hesitate, I need it :)

Last edited:
Many little things have been be corrected, improved or added thanks to your tests, thank you for those who took the time to send me the results of their test :D
(music and sound volume, escape menu , bug correction, ...)
That was cool, thanx.

What is comming for next beta :
- zone damage with new attacks (jump and attack on same time for exemple)
- mini-boss at the end of each level

I think I'm making a game that exploits almost all the possibilities of GMS 1.4, but I have very little feedback ...
I really thought I had more, it's crazy ...
suddenly, I tell myself that the gameplay may not be fun enough, and I'm looking for a way to make it better: but I don't know if I'm on the right path: please don't hesitate to tell me what's wrong: any advice and reviews will be really useful :)

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

Spinning around planet was somewhat disorienting. It was quite unique thought.
It was really weird to aim cannon from this kind of angle :D

kiroeCannon2.png

Enemies where very similiar, perhaps you could add some variety. Something with ranged attack for example.
Maybe you could add different types of attack techniques to make combat more interesting. I suppose there is jump attack, but i didnt see much point for using it.
Ended up just spamming attack and it seemed to work most of the time.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Can you upload a version of your game that doesn't require installation ? downloaded the zip, extracted that.. then had to install.. it's a mission.
Would like to try it out though.

Hey, i tried your game.

Spinning around planet was somewhat disorienting. It was quite unique thought.
It was really weird to aim cannon from this kind of angle :D

View attachment 35688

Enemies where very similiar, perhaps you could add some variety. Something with ranged attack for example.
Maybe you could add different types of attack techniques to make combat more interesting. I suppose there is jump attack, but i didnt see much point for using it.
Ended up just spamming attack and it seemed to work most of the time.
This is exactly the type of remarks / criticisms / advice I needed:
thank you very much: I will work on these points from now on :D
Thanx Yrbiax :)