Demo Kingdom Isle Adventure RPG

D

Dave M

-Explore the Kingdom,
-Find weapons and items,
-Solve puzzles, kill enemies,
-Interact with the world around you.
-Defeat the evil Iron Eye and save the Kingdom!

Weapons include:
-Pitchfork
-Bombs
-Bow
-Arrows
-Golden Arrow

Items Include:
-Wishing Well
-10 Total Heart Containers
-Blue Key
-Green Key
-Bronze Key
-Iron Eye's Eye
-Gold Bar
-Coins

Enemies:
-Shadow Flame Head
-Flame Head
-Blue Dragon
-Rats
-World Spikes

Boss:
-Iron Eye

Download Demo 12 Now!
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1484575

Download Demo 11 Now!
http://www.filedropper.com/kingdomisledemo11

Also Available as an Asset!
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/publishers/1109/dave-martinez

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave M

Demo 2 now released, finished Dungeon, game ends when you reach the chest inside.​

D

Dave M

Download Demo 3: Out now! New locations, more items, more adventure! 12/31/17

Download now!
---Old Demo 3 link removed---

D

Dave M

Download Demo 4:
More areas and objects to interact with the space bar, new areas to explore.
NPC's give clues on where to find keys/items.
Demo ends after opening green lock in dungeon level.

OLD
http://www.filedropper.com/projectironeyedemo4

D

Dave M

Looks good, the art is all consistent. The demo download links don't seem to work.

Ah... link should be fixed now.
Thank you for the feedback/reply.
Hope you enjoy the demo!

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I've just played the demo briefly so far. But what you have here seems like an excellent start. Actually, there's quite a lot of playable content already. Lots of places to wander and see and a fair amount of interaction.

The graphics are nice. Well drawn with good color choices. It's clear you paid lots of attention to detail. And the sounds and background music seem good choices. Pleasant and not over-powering.

One recommendation I'd make would be allowing the arrow keys for movement (along with WASD). That would make the game more accessible to "other-handed" people. Or just people with different preferences. The other keys are fine though.

Overall it's an excellent start. Nice job. I'll try to play more later.

D

Dave M

I've just played the demo briefly so far. But what you have here seems like an excellent start. Actually, there's quite a lot of playable content already. Lots of places to wander and see and a fair amount of interaction.

The graphics are nice. Well drawn with good color choices. It's clear you paid lots of attention to detail. And the sounds and background music seem good choices. Pleasant and not over-powering.

One recommendation I'd make would be allowing the arrow keys for movement (along with WASD). That would make the game more accessible to "other-handed" people. Or just people with different preferences. The other keys are fine though.

Overall it's an excellent start. Nice job. I'll try to play more later.
Thank you for the feedback, Arrow keys have been added to the controls.

Demo 5 is now available.
Bug fixed from demo 4, where the player couldn't leave the dungeon area with the green key unlocked.
Added movement arrow keys
Improved bow, and fixed bug with arrows.
http://www.filedropper.com/ironeyekingdomdemo52

D

Dave M

World Continues To Grow!

Demo 5.2 Adds a little polish to the current world, better inventory, better hearts, overall understanding the world/gameplay, links have been updated. Should be demo52.​

D

Dave M

Demo 6 (Released 1/6/18)
Inventory Updated
New Enemy Added
More World Interaction Added.
Room Transitions Reworked/Simplified.
Heart System Updated.
World continues to grow.

DOWNLOAD DEMO 6
http://www.filedropper.com/ironeyekingdomdemo6

Controls:
WASD = Move player / Move cursor in menu.
Enter = Open Menu
Space = Interact with world and NPC's.
K = button 1
L = button 2
Assign any items found to button 1 or button 2 to use them.
R = Restart

Game also available in Asset form!
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/publishers/1109/dave-martinez

D

Dave M

Demo 7 (Released 1/22/18)

Demo 7 is here!!

Multiple changes, huge update! Updates to enemy AI, player knock back, First boss battle complete with multiple stages, new npcs added, new quest added (hint wishing well. boat, irons eyeball), new items added, continues/life added. Fixed bugs, added paused game when in inventory. Still need to add a save/load game, coming soon.

http://www.filedropper.com/projectironeyedemo71

M

milch

hey man, looks really cool, i like the style!
i tried playing it for a bit and here is some critique:
i bought the pitchfork, but i have no idea how to equip it... a tooltip would be nice to tell you how to access the inventory. i tried out all kind of keys and when i pressed "i" it showed me the first map again and i couldnt get back to the character :/
take out keyboard shortcuts like r for reloading the game in the demo version or esc just straight up closing your game, this will frustrate people when they expect a pause menu for esc for example.
also shift and tab seems to make the player run on the spot? not sure what thats for
diagonal walking is faster than normal walking, make sure you dont forget to adjust that in the end :D

also what i've noticed it that the dialog is very "gamey", meaning that it doesnt try to make the illusion of you being in some fantasy world, but its straight up the game telling you what/how to do things. for example: the guy in the house could tell you about the dungeon and how you need to defend yourself and therefor you can buy his pitchfork.
i mean maybe you intend to change it later anyway, but this is just in case you were thinking to leave it as it is

anyway, looks promising so keep working on it! :D

D

Dave M

hey man, looks really cool, i like the style!
i tried playing it for a bit and here is some critique:
i bought the pitchfork, but i have no idea how to equip it... a tooltip would be nice to tell you how to access the inventory. i tried out all kind of keys and when i pressed "i" it showed me the first map again and i couldnt get back to the character :/
take out keyboard shortcuts like r for reloading the game in the demo version or esc just straight up closing your game, this will frustrate people when they expect a pause menu for esc for example.
also shift and tab seems to make the player run on the spot? not sure what thats for
diagonal walking is faster than normal walking, make sure you dont forget to adjust that in the end :D

also what i've noticed it that the dialog is very "gamey", meaning that it doesnt try to make the illusion of you being in some fantasy world, but its straight up the game telling you what/how to do things. for example: the guy in the house could tell you about the dungeon and how you need to defend yourself and therefor you can buy his pitchfork.
i mean maybe you intend to change it later anyway, but this is just in case you were thinking to leave it as it is

anyway, looks promising so keep working on it! :D
I plan to make the Esc Menu with Save, Load, and Options.
There are placeholders in dialog and not really much of a story yet.
I've been working on the core game mechanics and AI the most.
Hey maybe someone can draw up me a title screen, I still haven't even made one of those yet.

"i" = was used to test the boss battle, I missed that and it definitely shouldn't have been in the demo.
I used Shift and Tab just to test Ducking and Jumping, still needs work.

I appreciate your feedback, work continues.

Ladi_Pix3l

I wanna play this but I'm afraid that I'll get addicted and get far. Then dinner will be ready, i'll get tired, Shibuya and Minato blow up etc, and i'll have to save.. . .

• How long is the game? (I ask this because I feel like I will thoroughly enjoy this and I want to be mentally prepared)
  • When will the save feature be a thing? (A game like this needs one badly)

D

Dave M

I would say the first stage Iron Eye Kingdom is about 50 mins long, but since I know where everything is (edit took me 15 mins), I cant say for sure.
I know the save and loading is a pretty big problem, I'm working on it. It should be included in the next demo release.

I could also add a password system to skip a stage. Iron Eye is the first boss and first stage, the Orb Temple is the second stage.

D

Dave M

World continues to grow:

D

Dave M

Fixed a bug where the view wouldn't change if you didn't save at a save point and just exited game.
Game now saves on exit and returns you to the menu. Fixed bug where loading game before starting a new game, crashed to desktop.

http://www.filedropper.com/kingdomisledemo9

D

Dave M

Demo 10 Released 1/31/18
-Saving and loading should be fixed now.
World now has beach level, and underground level.
Items/locks/keys have been moved around to improve gameplay.
Game still ends after fighting and defeating the first boss Iron Eye.

Controls: WASD = move

Enter = open menu

K = Button 1

L = Button 2

Set items to button 1 and button 2 in the menu to use.

Space = Interact with signs, npcs, level objects.

P = Pause game

Esc = Return to title screen.

Download Link Demo 10

http://www.filedropper.com/kingdomisledemo10

D

Dave M

I've decided to actually create a decent world.
The next release will be a few months down the road.
I plan to add:

An actual story, with cut-scenes.
A city with shops and improved NPC's.
Improved AI, and more boss fights.
More Weapons: Hammer, Shovel, Sword, Shield
More Items and Quests/Tasks.

Ill be back in a few months.​

Reactions: HW.
H

HW.

Hi, Dave! Overall i really love your asset! It is one of the epic and full-baked assets on the marketplace i've ever purchased so far!

However, I just found a small bug on your asset/game today, a tiny one but critical enough that makes it unplayable more if it happens, even when loading previous save point, it will still get stuck there.

The player gets stuck to the left corner side of that specific entrance wall as seen as on the screenshot.

I tested it multiple times to be sure and It always happens not only once on the mp asset one which is the version 10.0.0, but i can also confirm that the bug also happens on the latest demo .exe version 11, too.

When i just want to load my saved game to restart/refresh it, it doesn't load where it should be (previous map with the houses seen), but the game loads still on the 'stuck' map, although the save point should not be actually there.

I also tried to edit the small_solid obj on the level a map, in hope if i move the wall it can be 'un-stuck', but no success.

I hope you'll fix it on next release. Keep it up the great work! ;)

D

Dave M

Hi, Dave! Overall i really love your asset! It is one of the epic and full-baked assets on the marketplace i've ever purchased so far!

However, I just found a small bug on your asset/game today, a tiny one but critical enough that makes it unplayable more if it happens, even when loading previous save point, it will still get stuck there.

The player gets stuck to the left corner side of that specific entrance wall as seen as on the screenshot.

I tested it multiple times to be sure and It always happens not only once on the mp asset one which is the version 10.0.0, but i can also confirm that the bug also happens on the latest demo .exe version 11, too.

When i just want to load my saved game to restart/refresh it, it doesn't load where it should be (previous map with the houses seen), but the game loads still on the 'stuck' map, although the save point should not be actually there.

I also tried to edit the small_solid obj on the level a map, in hope if i move the wall it can be 'un-stuck', but no success.

I hope you'll fix it on next release. Keep it up the great work! ;)
Getting stuck is the players mask and movement after hitting a view changing object.
This has been fixed for the next release.

The game is saved after the ESC key is pressed, I may or may not change this.
You can temporarily fix this by removing the save game line of code when pressing the ESC key.
Most likely the ESC key will display a message like "Current progress will be lost beyond last save point." "Are you sure you want to exit?"
or just give you the option to save at the last save point before exiting to the main title screen.

Right now i'm working on a new AI, the old one is a little too messy and buggy.

D

Dave M

Demo 12 out now, this isnt the remodel version which I still am planning to do, just an update to the original world with new AI, bug fixes, and world edits.

D

Dave M

Been gone for a while, haven't been working on this much.
I have and over whelming stack of unfinished projects.