Thank you Siolfor! Appreciate you following the thread. Getting some good reviews, which is always good for the ego. Had to fix some stuff with controller support and a couple of bugs. Released v 1.0.1 which hopefully solves most of it.
I've only had time to play a little so far after I got it, but it played really well! I'm glad to hear you're getting good reviews. Controller support is a right bastard, so I understand your problems there haha.
Haha thanks bro! glad you liked it! Tell me about it! For some reason controllers weren't "connecting" on game load and would only "connect" if plugged in when the game was up. I'd love to be able to just focus on consoles... make things easy! haha
I don't know if this is your issue, but perhaps it will help? DirectInput devices do not get recognized until the first frame of the game, meaning any attempt to detect them before then will result in failure. I have gamepad auto-detection as well, and this is something that "broke" at some point, and I ended up having to use a workaround to fix it. I just create an object that exists for that first frame to poll for connected devices and then destroys itself. There's also one OTHER issue that I've come across: for some reason, the same controller detection code will not work on some computers. As bizarre as this sounds, just compiling the game on another computer can fix the problem. I have no idea why this is because I can't reproduce it on my end, but I have had people send me their code, have it work perfectly, send it back to them compiled and it works. Or I'll send them my code, works fine on my end, but doesn't on theirs. It's a completely vexing issue that only affects some controllers on some PCs, but also apparently depending on what PC it was compiled on.
Again, don't know if that's particularly useful but it sounds a lot like a problem I'm familiar with.
Haha its pretty much 100% identical. I didn't know about it only working on the first frame and would explain why I couldn't get it to work. Like you, ended up doing work around for the update.. it was pretty dirty but got the job done I think.