• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Kind reminder: Do not add bigger tilesets than the configured texture page size

cidwel

I have wrongly asked a question in my personal profile and got a response from Nocturne that we shouldn't be asking things in that page. Well this is 100% comprehensible, even if I have my reasons to do there instead here depending of the kind of question. So I feel that will be better to do a kind reminder to whoever it could be handy:

- Do not add tileset sprites bigger than the project texture page size (configured in options > windows)
You will have an issue like this one:

LEFT: Game rendered. Tiles totally blurred
RIGHT: screenshot from the tile editor
As you can see the left one is blurry (yeah, interpolation is off).

So if you created a big tileset that exceeds your page size then...:

- Do not resize a tileset sprite unless you want to loss your tileset information (this includes messing all the rooms that are using this tileset).

You will have all the tiles totally messed:

As you can see, all my preciously added tiles are messed up. Glad I can do a git revert to recover them.

Actually this is something it has been discussed here and it seems that yoyo team is adding some tools to fix this in the future.

What was my initial issue?
I created a laaarge tileset (2000x2000) just as a temporal solution and my tiles were blurry when rendered. Trying to figure what mas issue was I came with a conclusion: The game texture page size is lower than the actual sprite with the tileset.

Until yoyo brings us tools to fix these issues I did a temporal workaround: increment the texture page size (configured in options > windows). Now I get this:

Perfect!

Hope this help someone that has issues with blurry tiles