Demo Kimo's Adventure

M

Masked Ninja Games

Kimo's Adventure is the latest game from Masked Ninja Games! Like Zelda? Like dungeon crawling? this game is for you! This is only the Demo, but there are Over 30 Rooms to Explore in this Demo!
Feed back, as usual is greatly appreciated!

Follow us Here: twitter.com/maskedninjagame
for all the latest News about Kimo's Adventure!

Get the Game Here: https://masked-ninja-games.itch.io/kimos-adventure

Thanks and remember....It's okay to play your whole day away! title.png View attachment 9725 View attachment 9727 View attachment 9726

Thank you for all of the wonderful feedback! I will take the issues at hand and improve upon them soon. Hopefully a new demo will be out next week! Thanks again to all who checked it out! And please feel free to keep commenting, I want this game to be as cool as it can be! Thanks again!
Masked Ninja Games!

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zendraw

hit detection is very off, and moving collision also. my feeling is your masks are messed up. +i get this error when trying to enter the second room in the castle
Code:
of Draw Event
for object objPlayer:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Object_objPlayer_Draw_0
#####################################################################

M

Masked Ninja Games

Looking good so far, I'll probably give it a go tonight when I get home. But it looks like we're both using the same art pack in our current games (dammit!). :)
No worries, I see same art games a lot...But I would really like to see your game when it is completed!

M

Masked Ninja Games

hit detection is very off, and moving collision also. my feeling is your masks are messed up. +i get this error when trying to enter the second room in the castle
Code:
of Draw Event
for object objPlayer:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Object_objPlayer_Draw_0
#####################################################################
I downloaded and played it, I seem to have had no problems, I even walked completely through the dungeon...
if you could please let me know... what device are you using, and did you scale the window any?

G

Guest User

\if you could please let me know... what device are you using, and did you scale the window any?
i think i'm having the same problem. i'm on Windows 8 and i didn't scale the window or anything. it seems like the hitboxes are too far down or something?

and then i got stuck upon entering a new room.

and also for some reason my sword was flashing in the inventory.

really cute and simple game though, music is kind of unsettling for me. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave it a bit of a go. I like the scroll transition from room to room, although I think the HUD/GUI should not scroll with the room. It looked a bit weird. The transparency when you walked behind things like trees was a nice touch too.

I did find that the sword seemed to be able to hit things that I was not close to, probably the hitbox just needs to be made a bit smaller.

Overall I think it has a good start to things so far.

M

Mauwers

Looking good, tho i really recommend creating your games in 60fps by setting the room speed to 60, it will make your game feel a lot smoother and more enjoyable to play.