• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows keyboard shortcut for moving between asset windows does not work as expected in 2.3

pucone

i've just updated to GMS 2.3.2 from 2.2.5 and the keyboard shortcut for moving between asset windows no longer works as i'd like (because as soon as you select a script it becomes active and the shortcut moves between script regions instead)...

to be clear, the shortcut is ctrl-alt-up/down/left/right and it is still implemented, but it overlaps with the input for moving between script regions. anyone have any idea if there's a way around this or a new shortcut i should be aware of? thanks!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
File a bug! The YYG team do read these forums, but rarely will they accept anything posted here as a bug report, as it needs to be traceable, which means going through the bug tracker. :)

pucone

happy to file a bug but its also possible i'm missing some non-obvious workaround, i can't be the only person who used this feature, can i??

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I doubt you'll be the only one that uses the feature, but you're the only one that's commented on it here, afaik. you'd be surprised how many people just accept minor inconveniences like this and don't bother to report them... Which is why I always suggest filing a bug. It _might_ be designed that way, but normally when functionality like this changes between updates it's an unintended consequence of other changes, especially if it's not been mentioned in the release notes. The whole asset system was overhauled and this is probably an oversight from those changes...

pucone

just heard back from yoyo. they're not planning on addressing it until custom keyboard shortcuts are implemented. šŸ˜¬