• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP Keyboard input lag (only in UWP export)

P

PJA

Hello,
I ran into an issue with regards to keyboard input lag and the UWP Desktop variant.

I noticed that when running my game in the uwp export variant, there is a noticable lag for keyboard input.
This issue is also reproducible on the "YoYo Platform" example shipped with GMS 2.0

How to reproduce:
- Run the "YoYo Platform" example in the UWP desktop export
- Quickly alternate between walking left/right, after a few seconds the lag becomes very visible. It is even possible that the player keeps moving in the opposite direction of the pressed arrow-key.

To be sure this isn't some issue with my own laptop I tried the following:
- The old windows .exe works fine
- Downloading some random platformer games from the windows store and they behave fine.

Note that the problem exists in both GMS 2.0 and GMS 1.4.

Unfortunately, this issue makes my game unplayable for standard keyboard input.

Can anyone confirm my problem? Any idea how to solve this?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you can reproduce and have a test project (or the YoYo one) to prove it, your best bet is to file a bug report.