• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Keeping track of bugs, and todo lists

Geoff Jones

How do you guys keep track of bugs, and write changelogs?
So far I have just been using a spreadsheet and ticking things off as I go. But I want something a bit more flexible that has the ability to sort completed by date and to generate changelogs (if that's even possible).

Any recommendations?
What do you normally do?

Cheers

Smiechu

I use MS Excel, you can easly create and customize tables, sort them, blend, autoformate, automate etc...

If you want sometihg free, OpenOffice is also 100% ok...

JackTurbo

Trello is awesome for both to do lists and bug lists.

I can't reccomend it enough.

You can add deadlines to entries and they'll change colour as the deadline approaches and/or passes.

You can use it either in a list sort of mode or a calendar mode.

Supports multiple projects and you can tag jobs to differentiate them from each other.

Plus it's great for collaboration too.

YanBG

Maybe a bit too advanced but with a bigger team we use Confluence. There can be separate topics with images etc and testers can leave comments, open new bugs or mark as solved.

Edit: oh wait, it's called Jira. Confluence is from the same company(Atlassian) but focused on game design.

Last edited: