1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: We will be applying a Xenforo update on Tuesday 25th of February. This means that from approximately 10:00 to 14:00 BST the forums will be offline (or possibly longer). Sorry for the inconvenience! Official Announcement here.

Kaspersky Total Security and similar help please

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TunnelRhino, Jan 16, 2020.

1. TunnelRhino

TunnelRhino Member

How in KTS (Kaspersky Total Security) can I tell it that a .exe file is actually harmless please?

2. Lukan

Lukan Gay Wizard Freak

Kapersky and Norton are pretty notorious for flagging stuff made in GameMaker.
    I don't personally use either, so all I can say is to disable them while testing/playing gm stuff.
    It usually only happens with older gm software though as far as I know.

3. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

4. K12gamer

K12gamer Member

Never had a problem with FREE Microsoft Security Essentials (Win 7) or FREE Windows Defender (Windows 10)...
    even after downloading hundreds of fan made games.

5. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis Member

Most antiviri have an online database of programs that have been used by people, and ones that have never been used get instantly put into the quarantine etc. It makes sense, it's an ideal thing to do while you're browsing the web and pop ups download some random thing, I always crap my pants when that happens, luckily good old Norton catches it and I can't carry on.. doing whatever I was doing